This book helps non-programmers learn the basics of MySQL. As usual with books from Visibooks, many screenshots and graphics show how to:
- Administer databases: Back up, delete, restore databases, delete tables.
- Work with tables: Alter tables, update records, delete records.
- Perform queries: Create queries, sort results, add criteria.
- Secure databases: Add and remove users, restrict access.
- Web-enable databases: Use programming commands, join two tables, employ online forms.
- Administering Databases: Delete a table, Back up, delete and restore a database.
MySQL Basics For Visual Learners is a book that teaches you the very first basics of MySQL, the way of doing that is by using a great amount of images and pictures. The graphics and visualizations enable you to "scan" trough the book and zoom in to the topics you like. Although it allows you to go trough the lessons very fast, the information takes up a lot of space so your thick book (168 pages) does contain less information then a standard book format.
For who is this book? This book will teach you the very basics of MySQL, and is therefore best suited for users that make a first start with MySQL. Again, the visuals will help those to pick up methods in this program very easily.
The book covers basic topics such as Instalation, Queries, Managing Databases, Security, Tables and PERL/CGI.