Pure ASP Upload 3 Support Product Page

This topic was archived

ASP Multi file upload redirect does NOT work

Reported 13 Jul 2006 20:36:22
has this problem
13 Jul 2006 20:36:22 Paul Kramer posted:
using the Flash multi file uploader along with an insert into database.

The page does not redirect on screen to the specified location. But the server logs show the page was requested and delivered properly.

is the flash making it's own calls for each file to the server and posting data for each file?? If so is that the page request that is getting redirected instead of the page with the Flash in it??

I have gone ahead and put a redirect in the flash uploader properties just like I would if I was not using a db and it does appear to still resize images and insert them into the db and then redirect to the chosen page.

Is there a problem with using it in this manner??

thanks
Paul

Replies

Replied 17 Jul 2006 15:24:41
17 Jul 2006 15:24:41 Patrick Woldberg replied:
The flash does indeed make a request for each file uploaded, the redirect is also done in flash, make sure that the redirect is set in Pure ASP Upload and not on the insert behavior. When using a normal form and not the flash control then you must not put the redirect on Pure ASP Upload but on the insert behavior.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Administrator at DMXzone.com, FLzone.net, FWzone.net and DNzone.com
Replied 17 Jul 2006 22:36:38
17 Jul 2006 22:36:38 MX Addict replied:
DMX team,

Redirect does work with PAU3 and the DW insert behaviour.. But doesn't work in combination with PAU3 DW insert behaviour and Smart Image Processor..

I use the redirect in the Smart Image Processor..because PAU3 gives a notice dat redirect need to be filled in Smart Image Processor
Replied 17 Jul 2006 23:40:32
17 Jul 2006 23:40:32 Paul Kramer replied:
I just ignored the error message and left the redirect on the flash upload and SIP works properly, but the alert is annoying when applying it.

When you say redirect does work, do you mean the redirect on the flash uploader properties or the redirect on the dw insert behavior??

The redirect on the behavior does not work for, but the flash redirect seems to.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
DMX team,

Redirect does work with PAU3 and the DW insert behaviour.. But doesn't work in combination with PAU3 DW insert behaviour and Smart Image Processor..

I use the redirect in the Smart Image Processor..because PAU3 gives a notice dat redirect need to be filled in Smart Image Processor

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Replied 18 Jul 2006 10:52:56
18 Jul 2006 10:52:56 Patrick Woldberg replied:
The warning is for when no flash is used, we will change the behavior to not show the warning when flash is used.

Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Administrator at DMXzone.com, FLzone.net, FWzone.net and DNzone.com
Replied 23 Jul 2006 12:43:22
23 Jul 2006 12:43:22 George Petrov replied:
We have updated SIP to fix this warning.

So please download and install the latest version

Greetings,
George

George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl

Reply to this topic