Forums

This topic is locked

navigation bar images wont show in browser

Posted 24 Jan 2003 19:59:18
has voted
24 Jan 2003 19:59:18 adam rush posted:
in design view within DWMX my page looks fine, then when i preview it, the "navigation bar" consists of empty white box's. All the nav button images are in a seperate folder but surely this wouldn't affect it?

Replies

Replied 25 Jan 2003 17:51:21
25 Jan 2003 17:51:21 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
in design view within DWMX my page looks fine, then when i preview it, the "navigation bar" consists of empty white box's. All the nav button images are in a seperate folder but surely this wouldn't affect it?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
How did you set up the testing environment for your site in Dreamweaver?
Because if the testing server is pointing to the remote webserver, when previewing pages DW uploads the page to the testing server.
And maybe it only just uploads that one file, and not the corresponding images, CSS files, etc.?
Then the page would not be able to find the those images, etc. because those are still only on the local computer.

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 28 Jan 2003 15:57:12
28 Jan 2003 15:57:12 adam rush replied:
i understand what you're saying but the server model is set to 'none' and the access also to 'none'. i haven't even got the ftp info to upload the site yet, so are there any other reasons for this problem?

Reply to this topic