Persistent Layer Pro Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

Stop point for vertical scrolling layer

Asked 10 May 2003 00:51:24
has this question
10 May 2003 00:51:24 Willie One posted:
Is there any way to make a stop point for a vertical scrolling layer? I would like for my layer to stop scrolling down at a certain point on the page.

Thanks

Replies

Replied 14 May 2003 09:42:17
14 May 2003 09:42:17 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
Hi,

Can you explain a bit further what you're trying to achieve?
Or better yet, post an URL that would show that?

Regards,

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 14 May 2003 12:28:17
14 May 2003 12:28:17 Willie One replied:
This is a work in progress.
d91022.u30.webthis.net/

When viewed at smaller screen resolutions, the left hand navigation bar will scroll down past the dark gray bottom border. I would like to know if the scrolling can be stopped before it enters that gray border.

Thanks

Replied 14 May 2003 13:21:27
14 May 2003 13:21:27 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
When viewed at smaller screen resolutions, the left hand navigation bar will scroll down past the dark gray bottom border. I would like to know if the scrolling can be stopped before it enters that gray border.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
No, it can't.

But what you might try is to use the extension option to make the menu layer move only when it is about to be scrolled off the page.
You can find that option on the 3rd tab (named 'Persist') in extension dialog.

That way the menu layer will stay higher in the browser window, thus making the "issue" less prominent.

Hope this helps.

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/

Reply to this topic