Scroller Genie Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

Loading External PHP/MySQL

Asked 30 Oct 2003 22:04:54
has this question
30 Oct 2003 22:04:54 Robert Kruse posted:
Hello,
I'm using the "Load URL into Scroller" to load an external php page containing a form and an Insert Record SB into my scroller window, but all I get is an empty scroller window. If I remove the Insert Record SB, it loads fine. Is this a bug or an I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Replies

Replied 30 Oct 2003 22:14:35
30 Oct 2003 22:14:35 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hello,
I'm using the "Load URL into Scroller" to load an external php page containing a form and an Insert Record SB into my scroller window, but all I get is an empty scroller window. If I remove the Insert Record SB, it loads fine. Is this a bug or an I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
It is not a bug and you're not doing anything wrong either.

Server-side code (PHP/ASP/etc.) does not get processed anymore when the page is already written to the client. Processing new server-side code would require loading the entire page again.

As such the 'URL into scroller' behavior can only load static HTML into the scroller. And in fact it can even only load the BODY section of the page your loading.

Sorry!

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/

Edited by - MarjaR on 30 Oct 2003 22:16:42

Reply to this topic