Google Sitemap Generator 2 Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Invalide Date Format?

Reported 17 Jun 2005 10:04:11
has this problem
17 Jun 2005 10:04:11 James Young posted:
Thanks again for this extension, it is a great idea and time saver. It seemed to work as anticipated at first, however after I uploaded and submitted to Google, I got an "Invalid Date" status from Google.

Then I explored their protocol and it appears that the date needs to be in XXXX-XX-XX format:
www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/protocol.html#sitemap_lastmod

And the dates that were generated by this extension varied, but in certain cases were only 2005-0-2 as an example. And I'm assuming such a date needs to be entered as 2005-00-02 in order to be deemed valid by Google. Is this something others have noticed? Is this an easy 'fix' to the extension, as I'd love to use it again and not have to go in and change the lastmod dates by hand.

Cheers! J.

Replies

Replied 17 Jun 2005 14:08:45
17 Jun 2005 14:08:45 George Petrov replied:
yes indeed the dates need to be in at least 2 numbers long. I will fix that asap.

However how you got a 0 as month is a bit weird ...

George

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFocus.nl
Replied 17 Jun 2005 17:44:08
17 Jun 2005 17:44:08 James Young replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>However how you got a 0 as month is a bit weird ...<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Sorry! I did not get a 0 month, that was a late night typo. I simply got single digit months. Hope that didn't send you looking for another issue...
thanks
J.
Replied 20 Jun 2005 12:53:55
20 Jun 2005 12:53:55 George Petrov replied:
this is now fixed in the new ver 1.0.1
Please redownload

Greetings,
George

Replied 21 Jun 2005 21:47:29
21 Jun 2005 21:47:29 James Young replied:
Ugh, I feel like a chump for not double checking my file when you originally pointed out the concern about the zeros in the months. I thought it was my typo, but then ran the latest extension and the dates are in proper format, but I do indeed get a number of pages with double-zeros. I'm using DWMX2004 v7.0.1.2181 on a dual 1g PowerMac G4 running OSX 10.3.9. I'm wondering if this is some prob w. DW for Mac? The Mac version has been far from stable for a while, and I often need to repair permissions and deal with extension mgr crashes etc, so who knows. I'd be curious to see if any other mac users are encountering this. The dates in the site window appear to be OK though. Here's an example of one of the affected entries (asterisks in place to protect domain):

&lt;url&gt;
&lt;loc&gt;www.*******.com/client/index.htm&lt;/loc&gt;
&lt;lastmod&gt;2005-00-01&lt;/lastmod&gt;
&lt;priority&gt;0.7&lt;/priority&gt;
&lt;/url&gt;

Thanks for your hard work and prompt follow ups. Regards J.
Replied 22 Jun 2005 12:53:54
22 Jun 2005 12:53:54 George Petrov replied:
yes there was another month bug - fixed it now please redownload the ver 1.0.2

george

Replied 22 Jun 2005 19:07:06
22 Jun 2005 19:07:06 James Young replied:
Excellent, this version appears to be working just fine. Thanks!

Reply to this topic