Forums

This topic is locked

Pure ASP Upload - Popup Window

Posted 05 Oct 2005 18:51:26
has voted
05 Oct 2005 18:51:26 Ken Dobson posted:
I haven't done this before and was hoping someone might know the answer to this. I have an insert record form with a link that calls a popup window which allows uploads using Pure ASP Upload. Users can upload if they want, but it's not always necessary, hence the popup window. I have Pure ASP Upload working just great on the popup window.

My dilemma is how to capture the filename that was uploaded (field: attachment) and send it back to the parent window so that I can associate the filename with the new record that is going to be saved. At this point, I'm not picky on which event to send it back to the parent window. After uploading and have the window close automatically would be awesome, but I'll settle for anything that works.

Thanks for any help.

Replies

Replied 06 Oct 2005 22:42:36
06 Oct 2005 22:42:36 Simon Martin replied:
Quick question... why are you using a pop up window? Pure ASP Upload allows optional files so if the user doesn't select any files it wont cause your page to fail.

Live the life you love
Love the life you live
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
<b>Simon Martin</b> - <i>DMXzone Manager</i>
<font size=1>[ Dreamweaver MX/MX2004 | ASP | SQL | XHTML/CSS | Web Accessibility ] </font id=size1>

Reply to this topic