Active Slideshow Support Product Page

This topic was archived

IS THIS A BUG ??

Reported 26 Oct 2005 10:30:46
has this problem
26 Oct 2005 10:30:46 John Ashton posted:
Hi George

I have a problem that I would like to see a fix for. I created a couple of looped slideshows. When the slideshows cycles from the last slide to the first slide, the first slide only shows as a transition, without the normal "effect" display.

Apart from that, this is a great product.

Thanks George.

John Ashton
Intellinet Business Solutions
Wollombi NSW 2325
ph: +61-2-4998 3426
email:

Replies

Replied 26 Oct 2005 23:18:22
26 Oct 2005 23:18:22 George Petrov replied:
Hi John,

I checked it out and run a couple of samples - but to me the first slide always has effect as well ...

Maybe you can check again? Did you make sure that the images are about 130% bigger than the viewer area? This is for best results (so that effects can take place) and can be easily achived by specifying resize size on the extension.

Greetings,
George

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl
--------------------------------------------------
Replied 27 Oct 2005 07:02:39
27 Oct 2005 07:02:39 John Ashton replied:
Hi George

thanks for the reply. I thought that you might be onto something with the size of the images because originally I made the images the same size as the flash display area and used the same directory for source and destination. So I re-created a new set of source images and made these 130% of the flash display area. I then re-created the slideshow in DW8 on a different version ofthe original page. And, I still have the problem of the first slide failing to be displayed for the duration of the "Effect" when the slideshow cycles back to it. It simply transitions.

You can see the two pages I created here:
www.tidakilodge.com.au, and
www.tidakilodge.com.au/index2.htm

I note that both pages reference the same slideshow.swf file and assume this is a standard file that uses the parameters assigned in the flash embed, and the referenced xml file.

An observation: One does not get to discover the Help file until one opens up the extension in DW. Can I suggest that a copy is included in the product download? That way we get the opportunity to read the help file before using it. Also, some clarification concerning source files and destination files would help. For example, initially, a user does not have any idea about what the source files should be. Can they be originals from a camera or scanner? Can they be .png files? Does the extension actually perform a re-size of the image files that it places in the destination folder?

Oh, and one other observation: When I created the slideshow I indicated that I wanted the images to be resized to fit 400x300px. When the slideshow is created it is 450x300px not 400x300 as requested.

Regards,

John.

Replied 01 Nov 2005 09:00:53
01 Nov 2005 09:00:53 John Ashton replied:
Hi George

Any progress on this problem I have?

Regards

JohnA

Reply to this topic