Forums

This topic is locked

Floating iframe men that controls background image

Posted 06 Jan 2006 20:35:56
has voted
06 Jan 2006 20:35:56 Ami Sioux posted:
Hello and thank you for your help!

I am...yes...tearing my hair out...and cannot figure this out! I have to finish a site for a friend...yes..i did that also...agreed to do something for a friend..I know that rule also!

Anyway...thanks for any and all help from all of you!

I need to create a very simple website..with a menu on the left that should have the possibility of the text reflecting that it is chosen..perhaps a change of color that it is the section that we are currently viewing, and then here is the cliff hanger,
and I dont know why it is so difficult for me..but the menu change should affect and change the entire background image of the website.

So, its like this. Its for a yoga website, and when the viewer would click on the menu item for Location for example, the background image of the entire website would change to an image of the location shown under the menu and then there would be content that would appear in the content I frame.

So, I see two transparent I frames...the menu iframe controlling the main content window and then below both iframes there is the image which changes in relation to the menu item being changed!

SO...if there is any help you can give...I would be so happy and send you many greetings from Paris..

thanks!

Replies

Replied 17 Jan 2006 04:32:06
17 Jan 2006 04:32:06 Dave Thomas replied:
an iframe is a window-within-a-window so to speak, so not the best option for you.

you need a simple 2 column css layout (google for bluerobot)

then for you to have what you've described, the way i'd do it, is to incorporate a style sheet switcher, and use it & your hrefs on your buttons, so you get the link jump AND the style change.

this would mean creating a seperate style for each page that you want to look different.

regards

Dave Thomas
<b>DMX Zone Forums Manager</b>

Reply to this topic