Forums

This topic is locked

Digital Signage

Posted 12 Sep 2006 21:54:24
has voted
12 Sep 2006 21:54:24 Paul Nanna posted:
Hello Out There,
We are a Digital Signage company that installs plasma screens in convention centers and airports.
I have been using flash whenever possible for content display and am very happy with my results.
As yet, no action scripting and user interfacing has been required, only animation display.
We have a request from a client to take a plasma screen and have display zones within it.
Possibly a data feed (ala CNN) that will stream information across the bottom of the screen, show weather updates and possibly feed flight information to the populace.
Since our display application will accept URL's, I'm thinking a dynamic web page that incorporates the request will fill the bill.
This is NEW to me.
Any feedback on the feasibility of such an idea would be greatly appreciated.
Let's say there may be some ongoing work for someone out there who might be interested in working with Spot Focus.

Regards,

Paul Nanna
Spot Focus
www.spotfocus.com

Replies

Replied 28 Sep 2006 15:42:57
28 Sep 2006 15:42:57 Vince Baker replied:
This is a possibilty in the web environment as I worked on a project to display realtime production data on plasma screens in the uk.

RSS feeds are easy to obtain and with a little bit of styling and page design you can make something very quickly.

So to answer your question....yes it is possible!

Regards

Vince Baker
<strong>DMX Zone Manager</strong>

[VBScript | ASP | HTML | CSS | SQL | Oracle | AS400 | ERP Logic | Hosting]
Replied 27 Aug 2007 16:53:46
27 Aug 2007 16:53:46 John Havard replied:
Well our firm is leading digital signage solution firm and we specialize in content creation as well. The thing is that written in PHP, content in our software is stored in a MySQL database but is represented XML. Using XML transformations, we can represent content formats such as XHTML, RSS feeds.

www.belwo.com/?m=signage
Replied 09 Apr 2013 07:20:47
09 Apr 2013 07:20:47 David Hall replied:
Digital signage can be an effective tool for businesses, but understanding what features are right for a specific digital signage system is key to getting the most out of the technology. First, the purpose of the digital signage system must be clearly defined. Once the purpose is determined, decide what features will make the digital signage system most effective.

Reply to this topic