Forums

This topic is locked

Need drop-down list help

Posted 19 Sep 2006 18:28:51
has voted
19 Sep 2006 18:28:51 Chad Canterbury posted:
I am fairly new to web design although I've done some basic work in it in the past. However, I'm trying to setup a basic intranet site at my job, and I'm working on a phone extention list. I have everything working great except one item. When I select a department from a drop-down list to populate my recordset, I have the form auto-refreshing, however the drop-down list always reverts back to the default value. So, let's say I have 3 departments: Sales, Production, and Admin; by default, Admin is the department selected. When I open the page, all the Admin people come up. If I switch to Sales, all the sales people come up, but my drop-down list comes up with Admin in it, so I can't ever pull up the Admin category again. Is there a way to get the drop-down list to keep the value that was selected??

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Chad

Replies

Replied 27 Sep 2006 14:24:37
27 Sep 2006 14:24:37 Vince Baker replied:
Yes,

I assume when you are sending your form details to filter the recordset you are using the form method get? or maybe you are using post?

Either way, you can do this by making the default value of your form menu/list that of the value passed.

Select the menu/list and click on the dynamic button that you used to select the recordset values to show in the menu. At the bottom of this window you will see a value box.

Enter <%=Request.Querystring("your_listmenu_field_name"%> in this box if you are using the get form method or <%=Request("your_listmenu_field_name"%> if you are using the post method.

Voila!

Regards

Vince Baker
<strong>DMX Zone Manager</strong>

[VBScript | ASP | HTML | CSS | SQL | Oracle | AS400 | ERP Logic | Hosting]

Reply to this topic