Flash HTML Editor Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Insert image not working

Asked 01 Apr 2007 04:19:44
has this question
01 Apr 2007 04:19:44 muyiwa dotcom posted:
Hi, the system looks great - just for that little problem - when i click the insert image button and click upload to browse to an image, i click on the image to select it and click open and nothing happens. no url is added, and nothing happens in the preview window.

Can you please tell me what's going wrong? Could it be something on the server side?

-M-

Replies

Replied 02 Apr 2007 11:59:50
02 Apr 2007 11:59:50 Georgi Kralev replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi, the system looks great - just for that little problem - when i click the insert image button and click upload to browse to an image, i click on the image to select it and click open and nothing happens. no url is added, and nothing happens in the preview window.

Can you please tell me what's going wrong? Could it be something on the server side?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Indeed it looks like server-side problem. Make sure that all of the following files are uploaded properly at your server.

For example: If you check the html code generated by Flash HTML Editor (it start with &lt;textarea flashedit="true" you can find the following property uploadPath . It should look like this: uploadPath="editor1_upload.asp"

See it the asp file is on your web server.

Also this upload asp file uses several other asp files required for the upload. Check the include file statements of editor1_upload.asp.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com
Replied 02 Apr 2007 15:09:17
02 Apr 2007 15:09:17 muyiwa dotcom replied:
Thanks a lot for your response. I have checked all those and all the files are where they should be on the server - the scriptlibrary and the editor1_upload.asp and the upload directory.

It's not actually getting to the point where its supposed to upload - it's failing at a relatively early point - just the selection of the image - before i even try to upload.
Replied 02 Apr 2007 15:37:31
02 Apr 2007 15:37:31 muyiwa dotcom replied:
YAY it's working - when you mentioned it may be a server side problem, i did more investigating into the server, and sure enough ASP.NET wasnt activated, so i enabled that and now it's working perfectly! Thank you so much!

By the way I used the Smart Image Processor check zip to find that out, so I recommend that you bundle it with all the other extensions so people can check too.

Edited by - muyiwa on 02 Apr 2007 15:38:32
Replied 02 Apr 2007 16:51:18
02 Apr 2007 16:51:18 Georgi Kralev replied:
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that everything work fine.

About Smart Image Processor check zip the latest version could be downloaded from everyone from the following link:
dmxzone.com/downloads/Detect_SIP2.zip

Best regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com

Reply to this topic