Forums

CSS

This topic is locked

CSS grayed-out code - how to fix?

Posted 08 Jun 2007 20:40:47
has voted
08 Jun 2007 20:40:47 Dino Lencioni posted:
Hello. I am working in Dreamweaver MX and trying to fix an image in the CSS. But the code is gray-out and cannot be fixed in the code screen. I can edit it in the CSS table, but that is not what I want to do because I can't (or don;t know how to) put/ link a new image that way. Does anyone know WHY it is grayed-out and not editable in the code, and HOW I can un-gray-out-it (something like that) so I can edit it??? Thanks!

Replies

Replied 10 Jun 2007 17:46:59
10 Jun 2007 17:46:59 Nick (NR) replied:
I can't see what is not in front of me, You need to post the div element and it's class along with the css class your using, or post a link to a uploaded page.

Then I can give a solution
Replied 07 Aug 2007 02:06:40
07 Aug 2007 02:06:40 Holly Ristau replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hello. I am working in Dreamweaver MX and trying to fix an image in the CSS. But the code is gray-out and cannot be fixed in the code screen. I can edit it in the CSS table, but that is not what I want to do because I can't (or don;t know how to) put/ link a new image that way. Does anyone know WHY it is grayed-out and not editable in the code, and HOW I can un-gray-out-it (something like that) so I can edit it??? Thanks!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 07 Aug 2007 02:08:49
07 Aug 2007 02:08:49 Holly Ristau replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Dino, did you ever get a definitive answer on this one? I read Nick's response and do not understand it at all.
Holly
Replied 07 Aug 2007 19:38:48
07 Aug 2007 19:38:48 Nick (NR) replied:
Then you need to re-read it!

How can we help him fix something, if we don't see what's not working.

I hate trying to do this without being able to see what's wrong, it's like finding a needle in the dark.

Basically show us the code!
Replied 07 Aug 2007 21:05:59
07 Aug 2007 21:05:59 Holly Ristau replied:
Shoot! I was hoping you'd say, "push this button and it will be fixed!" Here's a link to the webpage. www.wetcc.org/ What I am trying to change are the links in the burgundy index at the top of the secondary pages. As you will notice on some pages there is a "community" link, and others have that link titles "Extension". (Which is what I have changed it to)
I changed it by going in to the template and changing that word, so my new pages are correct, but it didn't change in some of the old! The places that I find the words greyed out are two files named 9c8ac572 and 87d5ae8f, which I did not design. This is the only place on the whole website that I can see the old wording still intact.
Is this enough information? Also, if this is a lengthy explanation, please don't spend too much time explaining to me... I appreciate your help, but realize you have other things to do. Maybe you could point me to the answer somewhere on line?

Thanks
Holly
Replied 08 Aug 2007 17:45:38
08 Aug 2007 17:45:38 Nick (NR) replied:
Your links on the index all show the same, as do the links on each of the pages horizontal navbar.

the only grey I'm seeing is your main contents text, tbh the site looks completely fine to me, that I'm going blind by admission?

Edited by - NickNR on 08 Aug 2007 17:47:15
Replied 08 Aug 2007 20:47:12
08 Aug 2007 20:47:12 Holly Ristau replied:
If you click on any of the bars on the left hand column of the home page (except "programs" all of the pages that open have "community" instead of "extension" as a link at the top of each page in the horizontal burgundy menu box.
Thanks!

Reply to this topic