Active Slideshow Pro Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Active slideshow Pro will not display on the web

Asked 10 Oct 2007 07:12:43
has this question
10 Oct 2007 07:12:43 Kathy Oeffinger posted:
Ihave created an online course using ActiveSlideshow Pro with several shows. Here is a single page from the course:

www.oeffingers.com/pumps/L3_T8_06.htm

The xml file (gearapp.xml) is located in the same directory as the slideshowpro.swf and the images are located in images/slideshows/gear_app.

Using both Explorer 7 on a PC and Safari and Firefox on a Mac, the swf file seems to not 'call' the xml file/images properly.

the code generated on the page is:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="360" height="260" id="gearapp" align="middle">
<param name="FlashVars" value="xmlFile=gearapp.xml&preloaderBackColor=0x0099FF&preloaderBorderColor=0xCCCCCC" />
<param name="movie" value="slideshowpro.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="best" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="wmode" value="window" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />
<embed src="slideshowpro.swf" id="gearapp" wmode="window" quality="best" flashvars="xmlFile=gearapp.xml&preloaderBackColor=0x0099FF&preloaderBorderColor=0xCCCCCC" scale="noscale" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="360" height="260" pluginspage="www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed>
</object>

a portion of the xml file is:

<slideshow loop="true" stream="true" random="false" bgColor="0xFFFFFF" flash8="false" showMute="false" margin="5" mutecolor="0xFFFFFF">
<slide url="images/slideshows/gear_app/expump.jpg" duration="3" fill="squeeze" background="0x000000">
<transition effect="fade" position="0" easing="Linear" duration="2" />
<kenburns panstart="9" panend="9" zoomstart="1.3" zoomend="1.3" />
<text position="6" font="Verdana" color="0xFFFFFF" size="12" bold="false" italic="false" align="center" alpha="100" rotation="0" delay="0" margin="" duration="5" inEffect="FadeIn" inEasing="Linear" inDuration="1" outEffect="FadeOut" outEasing="Linear" outDuration="1"><![CDATA[External gear pump driven by truck engine
loading and unloading tanker truck]]></text>
</slide>

I've used the 'activity viewer' in Safari to try to see what's happening. It should display both the slideshowpro.swf, the xml file and various images being displayed. My page shows only the slideshowpro.swf as though the swf file is not 'calling' the xml file properly.

The whole thing runs fine on my harddrive, but faults as soon as it is loaded on the server. The entire directory was loaded at the same time and nothing in the directories was changed.... I am at a loss and on deadline. Can you help?

Replies

Replied 10 Oct 2007 10:26:46
10 Oct 2007 10:26:46 George Petrov replied:
Hi Kathy,

Seems that slideshowpro.swf is somehow corrupted on your site ... it does exists but it isn't served right and the flash player can not load it...

So please reupload the slideshowpro.swf to your website.

Greetings,
George

PS. Nice site btw! Cool tabs

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl
Replied 10 Oct 2007 10:36:34
10 Oct 2007 10:36:34 Kathy Oeffinger replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi Kathy,

So please reupload the slideshowpro.swf to your website.

Greetings,
George

PS. Nice site btw! Cool tabs

George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones

DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks George! I would love for it to be that simple, but I have rebuilt them, created new slideshowpro.swf files, reloaded them and said a pray over my server.... nothing worked. I think my version of Active Slideshow pro is busted.

Any chance you could email me a copy of the slideshowpro.swf file? It seems to be just a 'standard' sort of thing for all of the slideshows and not 'customiszed'. If you could, my address is

Hydraulic engineers everywhere would appreciate it!
Replied 10 Oct 2007 10:37:56
10 Oct 2007 10:37:56 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Kathy,

I have noticed that you use many JavaScript which could interfere with the Active Slideshow Pro.
To isolate the problem, try to remove all the JavaScript and other Flash object from your page and check if the issue will appear again.

Also, make sure that the image 3gear.jpg is uploaded into:
images/slideshows/gear_app/

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com
Replied 10 Oct 2007 10:44:32
10 Oct 2007 10:44:32 Kathy Oeffinger replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi Kathy,

I have noticed that you use many JavaScript which could interfere with the Active Slideshow Pro.
To isolate the problem, try to remove all the JavaScript and other Flash object from your page and check if the issue will appear again.

Also, make sure that the image 3gear.jpg is uploaded into:
images/slideshows/gear_app/

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I actually created a page with nothing except the slideshowpro code on it at:

www.oeffingers.com/pumps/test5.htm

the xml file is at www.oeffingers.com/pumps/test5.xml

the images are all lowercase and all in the images folder.

I even added &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?&gt; into the first line of the xml file hoping that might help.

Nothing.... nothing worked

Edited by - kathygo on 10 Oct 2007 10:50:53
Replied 10 Oct 2007 16:49:11
10 Oct 2007 16:49:11 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Kathy,

I have send you a message concerning this issue.
For more details please check your email.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

Replied 10 Oct 2007 17:35:43
10 Oct 2007 17:35:43 Kathy Oeffinger replied:
Hi Kathy,

I have send you a message concerning this issue.
For more details please check your email.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

Georgi, it worked like a charm! Oh, you are wonderful!

Thank you so very much!

www.oeffingers.com/pumps/L3_T8_06.htm
Replied 11 Oct 2007 09:32:29
11 Oct 2007 09:32:29 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Kathy,

Thank you for you email of October 11 and the update on the issue.
I have send you an message with details about your additional request.

For more information please, check you email.

Best regards,

Georgi Kralev

Replied 18 Feb 2008 18:44:33
18 Feb 2008 18:44:33 Marlene Murphy replied:
Hi Kathy,

Thank you for you email of October 11 and the update on the issue.
I have send you an message with details about your additional request.

For more information please, check you email.

Best regards,

Georgi Kralev

I'm having the exactly same problems as Kathy described but with a twist - I have 2 other slide shows (in different directories on the same site) running just fine using the same html shell which includes javascript and spry menu bars etc but the slide show in question just hangs on the preloader at 50%.

I have re-created a whole new slide show, uploaded the new one, actually uninstalled and reinstalled the ActiveSlideShow Pro extension. The photos are on the remote server, the xml file and and swf files have been updated and are on the server.

The site is still under construction but I can send you the link if you need to see it. The site is running on ColdFusion MX7

I have compared the functional slide show codes with the non-functional slide show but can't find any difference. The show runs locally but not remotely.

I'm sure it must be some little thing - by the way, the icons for ActiveSlideShow Pro display as broken image links, even after i deleted all versions and reinstalled - don't know if that's an indicator or not.

Reply to this topic