Active Slideshow Pro Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Using Active Slideshow Pro with Javascript menu

Asked 19 Feb 2008 21:54:52
has this question
19 Feb 2008 21:54:52 Brian O posted:
Am trying to add a "video" to a webpage using Active Slideshow Pro.

The page can be viewed: www.faith.org.uk/Testindex.html

In IE7 it works fine. The video shows and the dropdowns of the menu work correctly.
In Mozilla, although the video works, the dropdowns do not show.

If I remove the block of coding:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="514" height="129" id="testshow" align="middle">
<param name="FlashVars" value="xmlFile=testshow.xml&preloaderBackColor=0x0099FF&preloaderBorderColor=0xCCCCCC" />
<param name="movie" value="slideshowpro.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="best" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
<embed src="slideshowpro.swf" id="testshow" wmode="transparent" quality="best" flashvars="xmlFile=testshow.xml&preloaderBackColor=0x0099FF&preloaderBorderColor=0xCCCCCC" scale="noscale" bgcolor="#000000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="514" height="129" pluginspage="www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>

The page works in both browsers and the menu dropdowns appear correctly but, of course, the video is missing!

I would be most grateful for anyone's advice on this.

Replies

Replied 19 Feb 2008 22:10:48
19 Feb 2008 22:10:48 George Petrov replied:
Hi Brian,

I just checked your page in both Firefox 2 and Safari and it works really wonderful for me! The slideshow plays and also the menu drop downs just fine over the slideshow...

Anything else more specific? If you are having problems with Firefox - make sure you have Firebug installed (www.getfirebug.com) it will report what errors there are more correctly.
So we can see more in detail what is wrong.

Greetings,
George

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl
--------------------------------------------------
Replied 19 Feb 2008 23:10:29
19 Feb 2008 23:10:29 Brian O replied:
Hi George,
Thanks for your rapid reply.
Have installed Firebug and run it.
When I hover over the menu items I still don't see any dropdowns and nothing appears in the Firebug window. What is the best way of debugging it?
I am using Firefox 2.00.12
Regards
Brian
Replied 22 Feb 2008 17:07:30
22 Feb 2008 17:07:30 Brian O replied:
Hi George,
Still can't figure it out. It definitely does not work in Firefox at this end and I am using version 2.0.0.12
Is there anything else you can suggest. Have installed Firebug but it doesn't report any errors.
Am keen to use the video created by Active Slideshow Pro as it is so good and easy to edit.
Regards
Brian

Reply to this topic