Smart Mailer ASP Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Embedded images showing as attachments Apple Mail

Reported 17 Apr 2008 04:58:03
has this problem
17 Apr 2008 04:58:03 Justin Moss posted:
<i>This might not be a bug as much as it is one with Apple Mail, but it might be something that Smart Mailer can fix</i>

<b>Background and Settings</b>

I have created a bulk email template using Smart Mailer that is supposed to send out an HTML email with *embedded* images. Settings as follows:

Transport: CDO (Win2000/XP)
Content type: HTML with the
Encoding: USASCII
Attachments: No attachments

The email is about 400kb in size and, for Windows email clients, it works well (emails are assembled and displayed correctly in Thunderbird, Outlook and Outlook Express).

<b>The Problem</b>

In Apple Mail (Mac OSX), whilst the email is assembled correctly, the images embedded in the email are ALSO shown as attachments! So, for example, in our last email message Apple Mail users received the rich HTML message PLUS 48 attachments. Showing these attachments as Apple Mail does was initially just an annoyance, but now it seems that some mail gateways are blocking the email for exceeding the "attachments allowance".

<b>My Request for Help</b>

Given that remote images are not an option and that our Apple Mail user base is growing, what do we change (or what do you change in Smart Mailer) to suppress this invalid display in Apple Mail?

I can provide the source of one of our emails or forward you a demo (if you are running a Mac and Windows test environment) on request.

Kind Regards,
Justin

Replies

Replied 23 Apr 2008 18:01:16
23 Apr 2008 18:01:16 Kiril Iliev replied:
Hi Justin,

Could you please e-mail me your source at ?

Please make sure you archive it so that the anti-spam system doesn't block it.

Regards,

Dynamic Zones Support Team

Reply to this topic