Feed Ticker Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Flickr Feed Empty

Reported 15 Apr 2009 18:38:27
has this problem
15 Apr 2009 18:38:27 David Simmons posted:
So I have just tried to create a new Flickr Feed, which I am pretty sure works as a feed, just not in FeedTicker.

The URL for the feed is: api.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?tags=spaughts&lang=en-us&format=atom Which is a valid feed URL, and displays correctly in my RSS reader, but once inserted in FeedTicker, nothing is displayed.

Any suggestions? I need a Flickr feed that is based on a search term, not just based on a single user's feed.

Replies

Replied 29 May 2009 05:45:04
29 May 2009 05:45:04 David Simmons replied:
NO answer to this?? Nothing??
Replied 29 May 2009 12:16:01
29 May 2009 12:16:01 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello David,

I'm sorry for the delay in my answer yet we are a bit overwhelmed here.
Your feed needs to be prefixed with the "" to assign the protocol wright. Also check it with other feed format - "rss_200".
Test your link in Feed Ticker like follows:

api.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?tags=spaughts&lang=en-us&format=rss_200

Regards,
Replied 29 May 2009 14:40:32
29 May 2009 14:40:32 David Simmons replied:
QuoteHello David,

I'm sorry for the delay in my answer yet we are a bit overwhelmed here.
Your feed needs to be prefixed with the "" to assign the protocol wright. Also check it with other feed format - "rss_200".
Test your link in Feed Ticker like follows:

api.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?tags=spaughts〈=en-us&format=rss_200

Regards,

Thanks! I'll see if it works. Too bad there's no way to paste into the FeedTicker dialog fields. Have to re-type *everything* which is a recipe for mistakes. Any reason paste doesn't work on the Mac? (I saw it referenced in another post that paste doesn't work, and it has also been my experience that you cannot paste or drag-n-drop into the FeedTicker interface)

Thanks,
dg
Replied 01 Jun 2009 11:39:06
01 Jun 2009 11:39:06 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi David,

Well yes that is an issue we are working on, but I cannot give you any date on the release for this fix. Yes I know it is frustrating and having all those long urls for feeds entered manually are indeed error generator.

You will be notified by a mail for next update of this extension.

Regards,

Reply to this topic