DMXzone Lightbox Support Product Page

Solved

Flowplayer Bug?

Reported 23 Sep 2009 23:38:25
has this problem
23 Sep 2009 23:38:25 Martin Dalziel posted:
Hi there,

Just installed 1.03 and added some new files and re-uploaded old ones.

I am playing FLV's with the Flowplayer and I now have 2 issues I never had before.

1) is a play button in the center of each every video that only goes away if you click it (then video restarts)

2) when I hit the flowplayer full screen button, 4x3 aspect video stretches on a 16x9 aspect monitor...

Maybe a couple of settings in the flowplayer got changed? Or is there a way I configure the flowplayer through lightbox manually to set the button overlay and aspect ratio?

Thanks,

Martin

Replies

Replied 24 Sep 2009 10:16:55
24 Sep 2009 10:16:55 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Martin,

Can you please provide a link to a test page?

Regards,
Replied 24 Sep 2009 16:49:11
24 Sep 2009 16:49:11 Martin Dalziel replied:
Hi Miroslav,

You can check it out here...

www.sierrastudio.ca/cosmetic.php

And any of the videos on the page or tab display this issue.

I simply want to remove the play button overlay and have the video scale correctly and keep it's 4x3 aspect ratio.

I did not have this problem with the previous 1.02 Lightbox. Only since installing the 1.03 has this occured.

Cheers,

Martin
Replied 25 Sep 2009 12:46:44
25 Sep 2009 12:46:44 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Martin,

About Aspect ratio - full screen means full screen - there is no "keep aspect ratio" option for it.

About the play button - there is no documented bug for such issue when flowplayer is used. I tested few flv's in the lightbox but with no luck of recreating the issue. However you can try to place those links on a blank page and test them to exclude any interferences with any 3-th party scripts.

Regards,
Replied 25 Sep 2009 16:48:53
25 Sep 2009 16:48:53 Martin Dalziel replied:
Hi Miroslav,

Thanks again for getting back to me on this.

I tried your test at the following link. www.sierrastudio.ca/video-test.php

Nothing else on the page but your lightbox script and a clickable image. Same problem!

Miroslav I am somewhat familiar with Flowplayer and there is a setting in there to keep aspect ratio.

flowplayer.org/forum/2/10274

Also in regards to overlays, they have a lot of well documented information.

Miroslav, with 1.02 I had no problems with these two issues. With 1.03 I now have the issues?

So my suspicion is that something has changed with your default flowplayer configuration in 1.03 as 1.03 overites the previous scripts.

As I was also suggesting, maybe a flowplayer configuration option on the Lightbox would be a great feature!

Thanks!
Replied 25 Sep 2009 16:50:28
25 Sep 2009 16:50:28 Martin Dalziel replied:
Just thinking about it...

Is there someway to go into your flowplayer scripts and make these changes manually??

Thanks again,

Martin
Replied 25 Sep 2009 17:19:01
25 Sep 2009 17:19:01 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Martin,

OK, my miss... however if you are willing to take a look at our config file for flowplayer you can do it at :
siteroot/dmx/widgets/Lightbox/plugins/flv/flv.js

Be careful of what exactly you are modifying there and keep a side a backup.

Regards,
Replied 25 Sep 2009 19:47:30
25 Sep 2009 19:47:30 Martin Dalziel replied:
Hi Miroslav,

So I have gone into the FLV.js file inside the plugins folder. I found the scale option on line 199 and changed it to fit. That has solved my scaling issue as fit respects the aspect ratio in the encoded file.

On line 198 I found the autoplay was set to false even though it was automatically playing. As such that invokes the function that sets the replay button as an overlay, even though the movie is already playing??

Go figure...

By changing the autoplay on line 198 to true, this removes the problem.

I REALLY think that a flowplayer configuration option in the lightbox would be a KILLER feature addition!

Thanks,

Martin

Replied 28 Sep 2009 10:34:04
28 Sep 2009 10:34:04 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Martin,

I'll discuss this matter with the developer but I'm not quite sure when this will be implemented.
Overlaying Play button was not an issue wile we were testing the product and you are the first to report such behavior. However we have modified a bit that part of the file so in future releases there will be an option to switch autoplay on/off.

Regards,
Replied 30 Apr 2011 20:25:09
30 Apr 2011 20:25:09 Tom Vergona replied:
Hello:

I have two issues with the Flow Player: when I am using Light Box and setting up a .flv video to be played and, I am pretty certain all configurations are correct, I click on the "Live LightBox" button, a screen opens, I click again on the link to test the lightbox and when the page opens, I get a rectangular black screen (no video) and a pulsating vertical bar on the left side of the image field.
The second "issue", is on the site where it is supposed to play. Lightbox will load the video but it will not play smoothly. It seems to be doing the same pulsating as before but now the video is jerky.
I've tested this and other videos on various testing sites all with the same behavior.
The next issue I have is with the latest release of Lightbox: previous version seemed to be fairly bug free but the latest version over-writes any java code on the page I'm adding a lightbox to, thus rendering the page useless!
Fortunately I'm able to revert to the saved file so it hasn't ruined any site I have been working on.
I've read through the threads on this topic, I've uninstalled the extension, deleted the necessary files before re-installing,etc. So, I'm pretty well played out on trouble shooting this.

I'm using Dreamweaver CS3; Windows 7 SP1 (32 bit); Lightbox ver.110; browser is IE8 and the example page is at: www.testing.techguyva.com/index-2d.html
Can you please get this fixed??
Thank you!
Tom V.
Replied 08 May 2011 02:48:27
08 May 2011 02:48:27 Tom Vergona replied:
I purchsed LightBox in the last 30 days. I posted a question/bug report a week ago and have not had a single response. If this is the level of "quality" for support that I'm going to receive from DMXZone, then I'd like to explore what my options are for a refund.
How do I get my money back?
Respectfully, Tom Vergona
Replied 08 May 2011 03:08:33
08 May 2011 03:08:33 Martin Dalziel replied:
Hey Tom,

I wish I had an answer for you. Installing the latest version of the extension solved my problem ages ago.

However, I do agree the support in these forums can be really terrible. I have been dealing with these guys since 2001 and sometimes their service is excellent, but sometimes it sucks.

I would recommend trying during their business hours when Live Support is online to talk to them and they will get someone online to work with you, but remember they are in Europe so they are on Eastern Europe time.

Hope this helps.

Martin
Replied 08 May 2011 03:10:09
08 May 2011 03:10:09 Martin Dalziel replied:
Oh one thing I did to diagnose this issue myself was to go to the Flowplayer.org site and download directly from then.

Then go into the dmxzone folder and browse till I found the flowplayer.swf file. I replaced it with the newer one from the Flowplayer site and at the time that fixed the issue.

Cheers,
Martin
Replied 12 May 2011 10:14:25
12 May 2011 10:14:25 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Tom,

And sorry for the late response.

The issue within the Dreamweaver preview Lightbox UI is commonly becuse it is set to preview only HTML and images as content in LightBox. Swf's are currently unavailable to be previewed there.

Also tested your "jerky" problem and I don't see what is jerky. Can you define?

Regards,
Replied 27 Jul 2011 17:44:45
27 Jul 2011 17:44:45 Tom Vergona replied:

I'm sorry too, that it took so long for me to reply to this on-going problem.
I did some browser testing and the "jerky" video error is evident in IE 8. I tried the same Flow player video in Safari ver. 5.05 and it plays just fine. Now that would be ok if the world was using Safari-unfortunately, they're not.
So, have you addressed this bug?
Here's my configuration:
Dreamweaver CS3
Windows 7 32 bit
Lightbox 110
IE 8 and Safari 5.05
Live sample: www.asap.techguyva.com/new/index-2d.html
Be sure to compare browsers to see the error.
Thank you,
Tom Vergona
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Tom,

The issue within the Dreamweaver preview Lightbox UI is commonly becuse it is set to preview only HTML and images as content in LightBox. Swf's are currently unavailable to be previewed there.

Regards,

Regards,

M.Zografski

-----------------------------------
DMXZone.com Support Team
-----------------------------------
Hello Tom,

Regards,

Regards,

M.Zografski

Replied 09 Sep 2011 15:58:55
09 Sep 2011 15:58:55 Tom Vergona replied:
Hi there: just updated my lightbox extension to the latest version and the "jerky" (read "stuttering" video playback persists.
This behavior is evident in IE 8 and IE 9.
I've tried viewing this flash video in Safari, Chrome and Firefox and the playback is smooth, without problems-although Safari displays the player to the far left-not centered.
Therefore, are there settings in the Flow player to correct this or, does DMX need to write a "patch" for the code that wiil eliminate this problem; it is fairly annoying.
Here's the page to view: www.asapspotless.com/index-2d.html.
Kindly view this page in Internet Explorer ver. 8 and 9.
Thank you,
Tom Vergona
Replied 09 Sep 2011 19:53:20
09 Sep 2011 19:53:20 Willi Schneider replied:
Hi Tom

No problem here...
Tested with Win XP Pro IE 8, VDSL 50000

The video runs absolutely smooth.

Greetings

Willi
Replied 11 Sep 2011 01:34:43
11 Sep 2011 01:34:43 Tom Vergona replied:
To Everyone:

I've tried/tested this "issue" on multiple platforms and networks; ALL with the same results. Further, I've tested this with XP Pro, Windows 7 AND Vista.

If someone from DMX Zone is monitoring this forum, could you please chime in?

Thanks,
Tom Vergona
Replied 13 Sep 2011 10:00:46
13 Sep 2011 10:00:46 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Tom,

Your video was displayed correctly on all tested platforms - WIN XP:
IE7, IE8, FF 6.0.2, Safari 5.1, Chrome 14.0.835.159 beta-m
Win 7 (32bit and 64bit):
IE7, IE8, IE9, FF6.0.2, Safari 5.1, Chrome 14.0.835.159 beta-m
OS-X Leopard:
Safari 5.0.6,FF 3.6.20 ,Chrome 13.0.782.218

Reply to this topic