DMXzone Lightbox Support Product Page

Not a problem

DW 8 site root/ document root problem

Reported 16 Jan 2010 20:30:42
has this problem
16 Jan 2010 20:30:42 Chris RR posted:
Hello,
Ive just purchased lightbox 104 and installed it in DW 8 on a mac ppc running 10.4. When I open pages in DW it asks if I want to fix errors, it then changes the path to site root based path from a document root path. It is not a problem until I upload the page to the website it looks for the elements in a non existent path. If I change the path by hand ../site.com/dmx/stuff.js... to /dmx/stuff.js and dont let lightbox "fix" the problem it works fine. If I upload it with the .../site.com/dmx/stuff.js lightbox doesnt work at all. I am sure youve dealt with this before but I cant find any reference to it. Thanks Chris

Replies

Replied 16 Jan 2010 20:34:58
16 Jan 2010 20:34:58 George Petrov replied:
Hi Chris,

Could you explain more in detail your site structure as defined in DW?

Do you have a single DW site definition for multiple sites (defined as subfolders) or a single DW site definition for each live site?

Greetings,
George
Replied 16 Jan 2010 23:32:06
16 Jan 2010 23:32:06 Chris RR replied:
A single site, the total path is Mac HD/kavanaughgallery.com/ with dreamweaver using the document root for pages and images, ie /index.html = www.kavanaughgallery.com/index.html

../Kavanaughgallery.com/dmx/widgets/Lightbox/dmx.lightbox.js
if I change this to
dmx/widgets/Lightbox/dmx.lightbox.js
so the page can see it when its uploaded to the web, lightbox has started adding a new copy of
../Kavanaughgallery.com/dmx/widgets/Lightbox/dmx.lightbox.js
../Kavanaughgallery.com/dmx/dmx.core.js
../Kavanaughgallery.com/ScriptLibrary/jquery-latest.pack.js
../Kavanaughgallery.com/dmx/widgets/Lightbox/styles/default/style.css
along with my adjusted
dmx/widgets/Lightbox/styles/default/style.css
etc.
I hope this answers your question. Regards Chris
ps do you know how to change the cursor during mouseover? I would like to make the link to lightbox more visible, I've colored the text blue and added underline

kavanaughgallery.com/K_Roberts.html is the one page I've installed lightbox on.

You had advised someone else with a similar problem with 104 to check the (Dont ask this again) box when lightbox asks if I want to correct the error in the code, now it automatically changes a fixed line back to the non working
dmx/etc
to ../kavanaughgallery.com/dmx/etc
the folder that my site is in /kavanaughgallery.com/, I dont see how this would cause problems but I dont understand scripts all that well.

Edited by - Chris RR on 17 Jan 2010  00:28:05
Replied 17 Jan 2010 10:36:40
17 Jan 2010 10:36:40 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Chris,

Regarding the cursor question. This can be done with CSS. Please check out this link for more details.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 17 Jan 2010 17:20:36
17 Jan 2010 17:20:36 Chris RR replied:
Thank you Patrick, I see how you change the cursor for the page but not how you change it when the mouse is over the lightbox link. Could I make the cursor change when it is over any underlined link or image? I dont want the cursor to be different for the whole page. Thanks Chris
Replied 18 Jan 2010 08:19:11
18 Jan 2010 08:19:11 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Chris,

This can be done with basic CSS. Just create a new CSS rule that changes the cursor. Apply this CSS only to the link or image that you want to have the cursor changed on.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 18 Jan 2010 20:35:32
18 Jan 2010 20:35:32 Chris RR replied:
I am just surprised that the lightbox extension doesnt do that automatically.
Any Idea on the other problem. I'm not able to use it until I get that fixed. Thanks Chris
Replied 19 Jan 2010 19:47:50
19 Jan 2010 19:47:50 Chris RR replied:
Am I the only one having a problem like this? This is the first product I've purchased from you, but I have been coming to your site for quite a while, Does this have to do with the fact that I'm using Dreamweaver 8? I am going to un install lightbox to fix the script (.../kavanaughgallery.com/dmx etc) to (www.kavanaughgallery.com/dmx etc) and not check the automatically fix scripts box when it comes up this time. Thanks Chris
Also Patrick, What is the cursor property for a pseudo link? Do I make it text or what, I found the pointer cursor, I dont know why it isnt in the dreamweaver 8 set of options or on the page that patrick sent me. Is Pointer not used anymore or is it new? It seems to want to be pointer on the whole page not just over the lightbox links, do you know what I am doing wrong? Thanks sorry if I'm sounding kind of angry but this is becoming very frustrating.

Also I'm using lightbox 105 not 104

I have spent 4 days and my boss is telling me to delete lightbox and get back to work. Your live support has been offline for as many days as I've owned this product.

Edited by - Chris RR on 20 Jan 2010  00:29:22
Replied 20 Jan 2010 01:04:46
20 Jan 2010 01:04:46 George Petrov replied:
Hi Chris,

This is really weird issue! I've created exactly the same site definition on my Mac - even in DW8, CS3 and CS4 and it works fine with me - all the paths are well created.
There must be something wrong with your site definition.

Could you please send me a couple of screenshots of each tab of your site definition in DW - so I can see clearly what options are chosen?
That will help me isolate what the issue is.

Thanks,
George
Replied 22 Jan 2010 20:38:51
22 Jan 2010 20:38:51 Chris RR replied:
Hello Mr. Petrov,
Ive emailed you a link to the images. Please let me know when you receive them. Thanks Chris
Replied 23 Jan 2010 18:31:07
23 Jan 2010 18:31:07 George Petrov replied:
Hi Chris,

I've investigated and it seems to me that you have saved your page out site your local site definition. Probably in a folder outside of your:
New Mac HD:Kavanaughgallery.com folder

Could you please confirm that the page is saved under that folder and not a level up?

Greetings,
George
Replied 26 Jan 2010 21:24:26
26 Jan 2010 21:24:26 Chris RR replied:
If I open the file from a path it is OK, IF I open it from an alias it is not. Same document, and this is only opening it outside of dreamweaver, not from the files panel but from the finder on a mac. Very strange. Thanks the plugin works great.

Edited by - Chris RR on 26 Jan 2010  21:54:02

Reply to this topic