Universal CSS Navigation Menu Support Product Page

Problem since last update

Reported 11 May 2011 21:05:55
has this problem
11 May 2011 21:05:55 Frank Cavalier posted:
Hi,

My Universal CSS Navigation Menu was working just fine in IE 7/8, Firefox 3.x, Google Chrome 3 and even iPhone, but something has happened with the last update.

I'm using Dreamweaver CS5 and Win XP Pro and Win 7 Pro to do my editing. I was using the Sony Inspired CSS menu style, which provided gradient menu buttons against a black background.

Since the update was installed, my menu looks entirely different - dim gray bunched together plain text menu choices against a black background.

In addition, the menu has problems with disappearance behind other page elements that disallow access to the dropdown choices. This was the case in IE, but I think I've fixed that.

But I have not been able to change the menu styles to make the text choices white or the background navy. It stays black with dim gray plain text options.

I've tried modifying the dmxnavigationmenu.css as well as the sony_inspred.css file and don't ever see that anything changes when viewing on the web.

Was there a change to the sony_inspred style that eliminated the gradient buttons?

Can anyone direct me to the exact CSS changes that have to be made to tweak the options and background? I've tried all of the obvious places in the CSS files, but so far, no cigar.

Thanks for any assistance or suggestons.

Replies

Replied 11 May 2011 23:36:59
11 May 2011 23:36:59 Frank Cavalier replied:
Update: I've been able to change the text to white for Firefox, but in IE (8) it still remains unchanged, and the submenu choices still disappear behind other elements. The Flash movie is one, and I have set wmode="transparent" but I still can't access the submenu in IE.

And also, the menu looks very plain - just a navy bar with white plain text top-level and sublevel options - no more gradient buttons as I saw in the first version of this software for sony_inspired style.
Replied 11 May 2011 23:39:01
11 May 2011 23:39:01 Frank Cavalier replied:
For a look, go to: www.polytrondevices.com

I'm currently using version 1.5

Thanks,

--Frank Cavalier
Replied 11 May 2011 23:43:40
11 May 2011 23:43:40 Frank Cavalier replied:
Sorry - correction - The version of IE I'm having problems with is IE7, not IE8. I use that to test since it seems to be the most troublesome.

Reply to this topic