Forums

This topic is locked

Finding a Support Forum for an Extension

Posted 15 Apr 2012 15:44:12
has voted
15 Apr 2012 15:44:12 Peter Piper posted:
I'd like to suggest that a listing of all the support forums be included under "Forums". Unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to directly go to a support forum for an extension without first finding the extension on the site, then clicking on the SUPPORT icon. The main heading of this should be "Extension Support" with a link to each extension's support forum, in alphabetical order. Thanks.

Replies

Replied 16 Apr 2012 08:43:54
16 Apr 2012 08:43:54 Patrick Woldberg replied:
The support forums from products you purchased are also linked from www.dmxzone.com/myzone/support and www.dmxzone.com/myzone/purchases (you need to be logged in for these pages). These links are also in the left sidebar, the Get Support link.

All ideas are welcome and we will try to make it easier for you to find the support forums.
Replied 23 Apr 2012 22:48:17
23 Apr 2012 22:48:17 Peter Piper replied:
Thanks for the clarification Patrick!
Replied 14 Sep 2012 21:29:12
14 Sep 2012 21:29:12 Dan Feather replied:
I agree that the omission of product-specific forum categories seems critical. . . . OK, but you say I can go to My Products page and filter support by product there.

BUT, I go there now and see that, of the 12 products I've purchased, only 4 have Support links that are enabled. (Naturally, the two I need to learn -- Tabs and Accordion -- are lacking support.)

AND, TO ADD:

The Search feature of the forum is not good at all in filtering or finding. How I long for a more advanced search. It is highly impractical, frustrating, and sometimes misleading to get information here.

Moreover, the AGE of the posts and the ubiquitous note that there are "0 replies" leaves a new customer like myself VERY pessimistic, and not so sure about investing time at the forums.

Thanks

- Dan
Replied 17 Sep 2012 12:56:13
17 Sep 2012 12:56:13 Patrick Woldberg replied:
Seems there was a bug in the website code, the support buttons on the products page are now showing correctly.

We try to make the search as simple as possible for the support forum, important is always to use good keywords for searching. We have a small support crew who try to answer as much questions as possible (notice we also have a live support to directly chat with our support), we also hope that our users will help other users with problems in the support forums. So if you notice that there are some unanswered questions and you know the answer, please post it.
Replied 03 Apr 2013 06:32:54
03 Apr 2013 06:32:54 LatoniaBarry LatoniaBarry replied:
The Search feature of the forum is not good at all in filtering or finding. How I long for a more advanced search. It is highly impractical, frustrating, and sometimes misleading to get information here.

Reply to this topic