Forums

This topic is locked

Pure ASP3 Upload - Can't upload files larger than 102,400 kB

Posted 14 Aug 2012 19:53:34
has voted
14 Aug 2012 19:53:34 Peter Piper posted:
Please read this carefully:
With the Pure ASP Upload 3, and no file size limitation or file type restrictions specified in the properties - just the plain vanilla code that is auto generated by the extension, has anyone gotten the dialog that says:

yourfile exceeds maximum file size of 102400 kB

The "yourfile" is the the actual filename of the file you selected.

This error appears immediately after selecting your file and NOT after you try to upload.

I get this error and there is no file size restriction set.

Replies

Replied 16 Aug 2012 08:08:56
16 Aug 2012 08:08:56 Patrick Woldberg replied:
Replied 16 Aug 2012 12:17:34
16 Aug 2012 12:17:34 Peter Piper replied:
Hi Patrick:

Thanks for your reply.

The link you referred me to is for IIS7. For an IIS7 Web Server, the maxAllowedContentLength would be the property that can limit an upload.

For an IIS6 Web Server, which is what I am dealing with, the property is AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed.

In any case, as my original post pointed out by saying "Read this carefully", the error display pops up immediately after selecting a file... NOT during or after an upload. Now I know the extension does not check the IIS property each time a files is merely selected.

Regarding the server limiting the upload: Now I also use Persits (www.persits.com) AspUpload, which is a COM+ component that has to be registered on the web server. It has an intrinsic upload limit of 2 gigabytes. I have absolutely no problems uploading files of over 1 gigabyte with the Persits AspUpload component to the very same server. So I know the server is not limiting the upload file.
But as I stated previously, the error from the DMXZone Upload extension does NOT come when starting the upload and does NOT appear during the upload but immediately AFTER SELECTING THE FILE to be uploaded.

I was speaking with Theodor about this issue who also said that the extension does not limit the upload unless it's specified in the property of the extension and that it's probably my server until he tried it himself using his own server (don't know where that server was) and got the exact same response. Theodor said he was going to refer the issue to the developers and asked me for my email address which I gave him. I am still waiting to hear back.

Since discovering the above issue, I have also discovered an additional one where the extension fails to upload all files: for example, if one file is size x, and other size y, another size z, the upload might fail with one of the files not uploading (extension shows failed after upload). Then if you refresh the page and reselect the failed file and reupload it, it uploads with out issue.
Replied 25 Sep 2012 15:53:38
25 Sep 2012 15:53:38 Peter Piper replied:
There is a filesize upload limit for the Pure ASP Upload 3 at least there is for ver 3.0.18 which is what I have: looking at the incPU3Class.asp file that is located in the ScriptsLibrary (it's an include file on the asp page that has the Pure ASP Upload 3), on line 134, and line 1381, you will note that the CLng - or Long Integer - type is used to convert the input file size. The Long Integer type has a maximum upper limit of 2,147,483,647 bytes, or 2.147 (rounded) Gigabytes. Now if you're trying to upload a file larger than that, such as extremely large image or video files in particular, and assuming your server is not restricted, that is your maximum upload file size. Also, with the version of the PURE ASP UPLOAD 3 I have installed, if you DO NOT indicate a maximum file size in the properties for the extension, contrary to what the documentation states, which is that a blank entry indicates no upper limit, if you select a file larger that 102400 kbytes, you WILL get an error message from the EXTENSION saying your file exceeds the maximum size of 102400 kbytes. YOU NEED TO SET A FILE SIZE IN THE MAXIMUM FILE SIZE PROPERTY FOR THE EXTENSION. SET YOUR FILE SIZE SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN THE MAXIMUM YOU EXPECT TO BE USED. FOR EXAMPLE: IF YOUR FILE SIZE IS 120 Megabytes, DIVIDE 120,000,000 / 1024 = 117187.5 kbytes, then round it up a hair to 117500 Kbytes and use that figure in the maximum file size. This of course, presumes your server will accept the maximum upload file size you need. If not you need adjust your server to accept the maximum upload size you expect. For IIS 6 refer to the property AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed located in the Limits properties. If you're using a hosted server and don't have access to that property you'll need to have the ISP make the change - if they will allow it. If you're using IIS7 it's a bit more involved.
Replied 07 Nov 2012 02:47:51
07 Nov 2012 02:47:51 Edenarin Yarin replied:
I've built a flash website. But I can't upload it using the yahoo file manager because the yahoo file manager says I can't upload files larger than 5mb.
click now
Replied 07 Nov 2012 03:19:21
07 Nov 2012 03:19:21 Peter Piper replied:
To Endanarin Yarin: are you aware that there's a link in your post that goes to BuyThePrice.com?

is that your site?

Reply to this topic