Forums

This topic is locked

VAG Scene.com An euro car community using many DMX Zone Extensions

Posted 03 Sep 2012 20:57:57
has voted
03 Sep 2012 20:57:57 Alex Crousset posted:

About the site

VAG Scene changes the game in the way individuals connect with other enthusiasts and industry professionals. We give the spotlight to all those in the Volkswagen community, allowing them to share their builds, stories, and thoughts with the entire scene. Every car has a story. From the makers, to the builders, to the friends who put it together. Our goal is to bring all the enthusiasts closer together, while strengthening the spirit of the movement.

"Where culture meats lifestyle" is the emphasis of what the V.A.G. scene is about. German cars are our passion and we live it every day.

www.vagscene.com

Tech side

I started this site with 2 partners last winter. Since the car enthusiast season was coming fast i had not much time to deliver this HUGE community website. I had to take technical decision and fast!

Open source solutions was not an option since we wanted to be different then a basic forum solution. I remembered how i started to code PHP. By understanding what Dreamweaver and DMX Zone was writing for me automatically. True is i now i code by hand very clean PHP thanks to DreamWeaver and DMX Zone. Convinced my partners to buy the 1 year extensions access and up i was coding the site. Took 4 months and used many extensions to develop faster. Of course i had my shares of bugs but support here was A1 2!

Hope you guys like and Thanks to DMX Zone for these extensions and support.

Extensions used:

Google Maps
Google Maps Directions (soon to come)
HTML 5 Slideshow
Advanced Multi Uploader
Universal Form Validator
Pure PHP File Upload
Pure PHP File Upload AddOn Pack
Smart Image Processor PHP
Ajax Autocomplete

Reply to this topic