Sliding Panels Support Product Page

Answered

Why does DW 5.5 crash when you try to add a behaviour

Asked 26 Nov 2012 23:31:13
has this question
26 Nov 2012 23:31:13 Howard Walker Walker posted:
If I try to add a behaviour by clicking on the pencil in the properties panel, a window opens that shows a box split into three sections, all empty. Shortly afterwards, DW crashes and has to be restarted. There are no behaviors listed in the boxes, and I cannot keep it open for longer than a few seconds, which is not enough to read it before the crash. Why does this happen?

Replies

Replied 27 Nov 2012 07:15:06
27 Nov 2012 07:15:06 Vulcho Vulev replied:
Hello Howard.

Can you specify your O.S. ?
Also can you please try to clear your DW cache file and try to open that section again ?
Clearing Dreamweaver's cache

Regards:Vulcho.
Replied 27 Nov 2012 12:36:04
27 Nov 2012 12:36:04 Howard Walker Walker replied:
OS is Windows 7 Professional. Deleting the cache file also deleted all my extensions and my snips that I have collected over the years. Sliding panels will no longer load in the Extension Manager, as it states that slidingpanels_icon.png is missing. Looks like I will need to download and install it again. Will advise any results.
Replied 27 Nov 2012 12:43:42
27 Nov 2012 12:43:42 Howard Walker Walker replied:
Downloaded it and reinstalled it and it now works - thanks. Perhaps my review of the product needs to be reviewd or deleted?
However, extensions that cause the cache to be corrupted are probelematical. When the first one was installed, it came up with a lot of questions saying that a newer version of certain files was already in place - should they be overwritten. I always said no to that. What is the recommended action to take in such a case?
Just got to try and reclaim my snips now!

Reply to this topic