Whether you have boarded the Photoshop train already or not, without guidance you’ll probably miss a lot. With this e-Book, award winning writer Linda Goin, takes you on the Photoshop train to show you how to create the best the software has to offer.
She uses hands-on tutorials that are not only informative but also incredibly fun to follow due to Linda’s unique writing style and creative examples.
Photoshop CS2: Take the Photoshop Express e-Book
The book is divided into four major Parts. In the first part you jump aboard the Photoshop Express. This train takes you into the world of Photoshop CS2 to show you how to alter reality. After that you move on and learn more about the common Photoshop CS2 tools. In the next part the scenery around the Photoshop Express changes with the use of fantastic filters! Finally the Photoshop Express reaches his destination, time to put your theory in practice. Happy Photoshopping!
What this book does and who it's for
This e-Book is best suited for beginning or intermediate Photoshop users. Linda Goin shows you how to get the most out of Photoshop using step-by-step tutorials.
About The Author
Linda Goin carries a B.F.A. in visual communications with a minor in business and marketing, and an M.A. in American History with a minor in the Reformation. While the latter degree doesn’t seem to fit with the first two educational experiences, Linda uses her 25-year design expertise on site at archeaological digs and in the study of material culture. Accolades for her work include fifteen first-place Colorado Press Association awards, numerous fine art and graphic design awards, and interviews about content development with The Wall St. Journal, Chicago Tribune, Psychology Today, and L.A. Times. Linda is the author of Design for Web Developers: Colour and Layout for the Artistically Overwhelmed for DMXZone, and she writes on Web Design.
On Board: How Photoshop Alters Reality
- How to Recognize Deceptive Photographs
- Adjustment Layers, Levels and Curves
- Retouching in Channels
- Extraction, Smudge, Heal, and More
- Mix it up, Three Images into One
Moving On: Photoshop Tools
- How to Build a Fantasy Landscape I
- How to Build a Fantasy Landscape II
- Jewel Case Cover Art
- Creating Spot Colour Channels
- Beyond Colour - Black and White and Sepia
The Scenery Changes: Fantastic Filters
- The Filter Gallery as a Starting Point I
- The Filter Gallery as a starting point II
- Vanishing Point Filter
- Creating and Eliminating Optical Distortion
- Artistic Effects with Canvases, Filters, and Layers
Your Destination: Put Theory into Practice
- Optimize Your Photoshop Experience
- Create an Easy Web Gallery