Everything you need to run WordPress is included in this e-book, including links to find more information as you build your blog, CMS or group Web site(the latter capability comes with WordPress 3.0, which integrates WordPress MU, or Multi-User). You even get tips on how to write a blog. After all, Wordpress provides the secure platform for your site - you're the one who needs to make that blog succeed through great content and an eye on upgrades and secure templates and plugins.
Be sure to tap into the new WordPress 3.0 platform and go to it - realize your online dreams with this free and versatile platform!
This entire e-book was written just before the WordPress 3.0 was debuted and it was written just as WordPress turned seven years old. More than 28,000 people download WordPress every day, and over 11,4 million sites have active installations, including reputable media and business sites.
About the author
Linda Goin carries an A.A. in graphic design, a
B.F.A. in visual communications with a minor in business and marketing
and an M.A. in American History with a minor in the Reformation. While
the latter degree doesn't seem to fit with the first two educational
experiences, Linda used her 25-year design expertise on archaeological
digs and in the study of material culture. Now she uses her education
and experiences in social media experiments.
Accolades for her work include fifteen first-place Colorado Press Association awards, numerous fine art and graphic design awards, and interviews about content development with The Wall St. Journal, Chicago Tribune, Psychology Today, and L.A. Times.
Table of Content
- What You May Not Know About WordPress
- How To Maximize WordPress Settings without Losing Your Mind
- Styling WordPress with Widgets and Plugins
- WordPress Permalinks, Feeds and Subscriptions
- Hot to Control Your Users in WordPress
- What to Do If Your Site has been Hacked
- WordPress and Graphics
- WordPress and Graphics II
- Using Images in WordPress
- Using the Media Library in WordPress
- Creating a Gallery in WordPress without Plugins
Design & Themes
- WordPress Themes and Child Themes
- Building a Child Theme from a Child Theme in WordPress
- Choosing and Changing Themes with WordPress
- Building a Static Page with hybrid News theme in WordPress
- Static Front Pages and Stores within WordPress
- Themes that are Totally WordPress Compatible
Content is the King!
- Why Are You Creating a Blog? Useful Content is Key
- Creating Readable SEO Content for Your Blog
- Working WordPress to SEO Advantage
- Waiting for WordPress 3