For The Most Demanding User
The Nokia E7 is well suited for the demanding smartphone user who is searching for professional and personal device. The beautiful design is like the Nokia N8 made out of anodized aluminium including a 4-inch AMOLED touchscreen, a 8-megapixel camera with HD option and the option to choose from the full qwerty keyboard or a touch screen control. Wifi and 3G Internet, Mail for Exchange, Outlook sync, and even VPN also keep you connected anywhere.
Symbian^3 and Business Confidence
The Nokia E7 runs on the Symbian^3 operating system. You can optimize your own environment with widgets that you insert on the three different home screens. The clear menu layout of Symbian^3 is also very ease to use. Only a few clicks are needed to access your programs and start functions. With the Nokia E7 you get more done in one day. View and edit PDF files using Adobe Reader and Quickoffice, navigate to important meetings with the free Nokia Maps, or use your Nokia E7 as an USB storage thanks to the USB on-the-go.
Music, photos, movies, games and much more
During your busy professional life or your free time, with opportunities for music, photos, movies and games, the Nokia E7 guarantees top entertainment for every occasion. Shoot sharp photos and HD video with the 8-megapixel camera, and watch those masterpieces on your TV via the HDMI Adapter Cable. For enjoying the music, the Nokia E7 contain a stereo FM radio and a comprehensive media player. You have the ability to send updates to your Twitter or Facebook account and the Ovi Store helps you to the best games and apps.
According the display of the Nokia E7 4" AMOLED display, we can say that the screen is amazing, it's sharp, bright and colourful feel of the object just the jump screen. With the large size screen to watch movies or surf the Internet would be very comfortable.
The big fuss about the Nokia smartphone is now their OS, Symbian. Symbian^3, the latest Symbian OS, tries to return to the top because it is now ruled by the two major OS, Apple and Android.
The Symbian Ovi^3 is having an integrated Store, so it's very easy to download apps, themes or other media. Unfortunately, the application stock of Symbian^3 is still thin.
Nokia E7 is armed with 680MHz processor, which is a bit slow to do engage complex situations. But it’s great for web browsing because the wide screen and the web browser support for Flash Lite 4, HTML, XHTML MP, WML and CSS. With this support pack, you can surf the Internet, as you browse the PC.
As you can see, Ajax AutoComplete doesn't show up, which is a pity.
We tried the Advanced HTML Editor 3 demo, just for fun and it seems to be useful. You can remove some words or put a make it bold, but keep out from the rest of the customization tools.
Sliding Billboard is doing a perfect job! High animation quality and no Flash. You have various styles to fit your web site perfectly!
Fill in the calendar to book your room or use the DMXzone Calendar for other projects like birthdays, appointments and other events.
Finally, Nokia has made a great device and very decent. It's filled with enough great stuff to satisfy most people. The Nokia E7 offers many storage space, a well-integrated application store, and an intuitive new OS. The device is perfect for the business market. If the Symbian^3 will attract many new users is still doubtful. Perhaps it is better to wait for the arrival of Nokia's Windows Phone devices in the near future.
What is in the box?
- Nokia E7
- Stereo Headset, microphone and ear buds
- HDMI Adapter Cable
- USB Adapter Cable
- Dimensions: 123.7 x 62.4 x 13.6 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- Volume: 97.8 cc
- Full QWERTY-keyboard
- Keys: menu, power, lock, volume, camera
- Colors: Silver White, Dark Grey, Orange, Blue, Green
- Display: 4 inch
- Resolution: 16:9 nHD 640 x 360 pixels AMOLED
- 16 Million Colours
- Capacitive touch screen
- Orientation sensor (Accelerometer)
- Compass (Magnetometer)
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light detector
- MicroSD memory card slot, hot swappable, up to 32 GB
- BL-4D 1200 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Talk-time (maximum):
- GSM 549 mins
- WCDMA 300 mins
- Standby time (maximum):
- GSM 430 h
- WCDMA 470 h
- Bluetooth 3.0
- High-Speed USB 2.0(micro USB connector)
- Micro USB connector and charging
- USB On-the-Go
- Standard 3.5mm AV connector
- FM Radio
Software platform & UI
- Symbian^3 OS for Nokia
- Java MIDP 2.1
- Qt 4.6.2, Web Runtime 7.2
- HTML 4.1
- Software updates Over the Air (FOTA) and Over the internet (FOTI)
- Flash Lite 4.0
- OMA DM 1.2, OMA Client provisioning 1.1
- Preloaded applications
- Mail for Exchange
- Quickoffice dynamic premium
- Adobe PDF reader
- F-Secure Anti-theft for Mobile
- Ovi Maps with free GPS navigation
- PC Applications
- Nokia Ovi Suite
- Nokia Ovi Player
- Full web browsing of real web pages
- Web browsing with touch control
- Supported markup languages: HTML, XHTML MP, WML, CSS
- Supported protocols: HTTP v1.1, WAP
- TCP/IP support
- Flash Lite 4 will support a majority of Flash Player 10.1 content
- Nokia Mobile Search
- RSS reader
- Support for streaming video
- Unified home screen access to Facebook and Twitter through Ovi by Nokia Social client
- Social networking profiles visible in phone contacts
- Upload and view photos and video and see locations via Ovi by Nokia Social client
- Social networking events visible in phone calendar
- Integrated GPS, A-GPS receivers
- Ovi Maps with free car & pedestrian navigation
- Wi-Fi Positioning
- Compass and accelerometer for correct orientation of display
- 8 megapixel camera
- Fullscreen 16:9 viewfinder with easy-to-use touchscreen parameters
- Dual LED flash
- Face recognition software
- Still images file format: JPEG/EXIF
- Zoom up to 2x(digital) for still images
- Zoom up to 3x(digital) for video
- Secondary camera for video calls (VGA, 640 x 480pixels)
- Main camera
- HD quality 720p resolution
- Shoot 16:9 videos in HD
- Video capture in 720p 25 fps with codecs H.264, MPEG-4
- Settings for scene, video light, white balance, colour tone
- Secondary camera VGA for video calls
- HD 720p Video playback on HD TV through HDMI cable
- Dolby Digital Plus surround sound when played with HDMI and a home theatre
- Support for download, streaming, and progressive download
- Video editing software
- Videos application: collection of stored videos
- On demand WebTV widgets to watch local and global internet streaming TV
- Support for Flash video
- YouTube browsing and streaming
- Video call support (WCDMA network services)
- H.264 (base profile, main profile, high profile), MPEG-4, VC-1, Sorenson Spark, Real video 10
- Streaming: H.264, Flash Lite 4 (Flash 10 compatibility for video), On2 VP6, Sorenson Spark
- MP3, WMA, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, E-AC-3, AC-3
- Bit rate up tp 320 kbps
- DRM support WM DRM, OMA DRM 2.0
- Stereo FM radio with RDS Support
- Use the touch UI to play games
- Dedicated processor with OpenGL 2.0 enables 3D graphics
- Native and Java Games
- Use the accelerometer to play games
Hi, I am Rob and proudly introduce myself as the Marketing manager of Dynamic Zones International BV.
That means that I am responsible for all sort of things like professional news articles, world leading premium content, the outraging Dreamweaver extensions & web components and helpful tutorials for the DMXzone community.
It's a honor to have the opportunity to participate and bring the DMXzone community to a whole new and stronger level with more high quality and superb DMXzone content for our loyal members.