Microsoft has released the Office 2010 Service Pack 1 which combines improvements, new features and previously released updates in a single update pack. The update is available for free if downloaded from the Internet. Microsoft notes that Office 2010 SP1 contains all “public updates that were released through June 2011? and all “cumulative updates that were released through April 2011? in addition to “improvements in stability, performance, and in security”.
Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 Released
The description of Office 2010 SP1 page details the new features and updates of the service pack. Here is a short list of the most promising new features, fixes and updates.
- Stability, Performance and backward compatibility of Excel 2010 has been improved.
- Office 365 support has been added to Outlook 2010
- PowerPoint Viewer is now included when selecting the Package for CD option
- Fixes the following error message in Word 2010: Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Fixes Word co-authoring issues and conflicts.
- Open OneNote notebooks from Windows Live SkyDrive
- OneNote synchronization improvements with SharePoint and Windows Live SkyDrive.