With its official release in June, Dreamweaver CC has been gaining more popularity among web designers and developers and after only three months it received a major boost last week. The new Dreamweaver 13.1, which is an update of Dreamweaver CC (13.0) comes with amazing enhancements and new features that were presented by Paul Trani on Adobe Tech Live last week. If you missed it and you're using Dreamweaver CC or planing to migrate to, check out the video presentation of the new features.
Dreamweaver 13.1 New Features:
- Color Picker - You can now use the Color Picker to choose a wide range of colors while using Dreamweaver features such as CSS Desinger, Assets panel, and Preferences.
- Cloud Sync enhancements
- Keyboard shortcuts and workspace synchronization - You can now synchronize keyboard shortcuts and customized workspaces with the cloud (and another machine running Dreamweaver CC on the same oprating system).
- Preferences dialog box enhancements - The OK button in the Preferences dialog box is replaced with the Apply button to let you modify setting in mulitple categories and apply the changes before closing the dialog box.
- CSS Designer enhancements
- Live Highlight - Now, using Live Highlight, you can easily identify the page elements associated with a CSS Selector. You can then choose to continue to edit the properties, or if you want to change the properties of only a specific element, create a new CSS Selector for that element, and then edit its properties.
- Context save and restore - Context save and restore is now implemented in Dreamweaver to preserve the original context of the CSS Designer panel in all Edit/Add/Delete workflows.
- Code View improvements
- Line number highlighting - Line numbers where the IP is present are highlighted in code view, live code, design view, live view, and code inspector. Line numbers are also highlighted in case of syntax error.
- Tag and attribute highlighting - The tag on which the Insertion Point (IP) is present is highlighted. If IP is on the opening tag, the closing tag is also highlighted and vice-versa. Highlighting works with mouse clicks as well as keyboard navigation keys. Tag highlighting works with Live code and code inspector as well.
- Code hinting for CSS Selectors - Code hints for class and IDs that are present in the parent HTML files can now be seen on CSS, LESS, SASS, SCSS files along with the inline style tag
- Keyboard shortcut to move to start or end of current line - On Mac: Cmd+Left arrow to move to start of current line Cmd+Right arrow to move to end of current line. On Win: Ctrl+Left arrow to move to start of current line Ctrl+Right arrow to move to end of current line
- Chromium Embedded Framework integration - This integration enables Dreamweaver to control resource loading, navigation, context menus, printing and more, while taking advantage of the same performance and HTML5 technologies available in the Google Chrome Web browser.
- PHP 5.4 support - Full support for PHP 5.4 (no syntax errors).