In the first part of our Features in Detail series we will show you the built-in connection wizard, where you can connect to a wide range of well-known standard server types of databases as well as custom ones. The Database Connector extension will be available in PHP and ASP version. The wizard provides different options to build your connection string automatically, depending on the chosen database and also lets you test your connection. These and many more features you can check out below!
Stay tuned for part two tomorrow when we will show you the Database Source Query Builder features!
- Built-in connection wizard - The built-in connection wizard allows you to connect to your database easily and get your data the Ajax way. It comes with full support for wide range of well-known databases and uses specific adapters for each type database so that it can use the native power of the database without bothering you with weird SQL syntax!
- Support for standard PHP and ASP server types database - The extension comes in PHP and ASP versions. If you have both installed in your HTML5 Data Bindings you can choose between PHP and ASP server technology otherwise the field will only display the installed one.
- Select from various database types - The extension supports standard ASP and PHP databases.
- PHP database types - MySQL, PostrgeSQL, SQLite, SQL Server and SQL Server Native.
- ASP database types - Access, Access ODBC, MySQL ODBC, ODBC File DSN, ODBC System DSN, SQL Server, SQL Server Express.
- Custom database and connection strings - In order to connect to your custom developed database you can always enter your custom connection string, which follows the syntax for PDO, if you're using PHP, or ADO if you're using ASP.
- Database type properties - Depending on the chosen database, the connection wizard pops up different options to build your connection string automatically so you don't have to worry about weird connection string syntax.
- Test your database connection - Once the connection to your database is established, a confirmation window pops up. If it's not connected properly an error message appears on the popup window.
- Add, delete and duplicate the current database connection
- In the connection wizard you can add as many connections as you want
and delete each one of them with a single click. Also you can duplicate
connections in order to save time when applying small changes.
- Connection wide options - You can set the maximum allowed returned records from this connection as well as to enable the debugging info option that will bring you additional information in the browser and help you in your development process.
Our weekly content summary
As we're closing the end of our Summer Sale, during the past five days we added 7 more improved extensions that are also currently on sale with 50% discount. If you couldn't follow us during the whole week, you should definitely check out the features in detail series we did on our upcoming Database Connector extension that will be available in PHP and ASP next Wednesday. Below you will find the full list of DMXzone content.
Check out the amazing integration with HTML5 Data Bindings
The last, but most important feature that we'll present you, just a few days before its official release, is the great Database Connector integration with HTML5 Data Bindings extension that we already made public a couple of months ago. Back then you might have seen the Database Source field that was not available for use but now it's fully functional and ready to make your life easier. Check out the details below and make sure to follow us next week when we'll release this powerful tool ...
Combine rows from two or more tables
We already showed you the Database Source Query Builder and the Database Connections, and today, we'll go through the Table Joins features that are included in the Database Connector extension. Table Joins are used to combine rows from two or more tables. The Database Connector features inner, left and right joins where you can add more than one table to the Database Source Query Builder. Also, you can add as many tables as you want to and edit them. Additionally, any table can be easily ...
Explore the Database Source Query Builder dialog
In the second part of our Features in Detail series, we will explore the Database Source Query Builder dialog and all its options and functions. It's extremely easy to define your database source, and test it in the testing window or directly in the browser. You can add, edit and sort your tables, add aliases to an individual column, and also add multiple powerful filters and sort orders. All that without any SQL knowledge! All the needed SQL is generated automatically for you! These and many ...