In this article we'll take a closer look at time and date filtering as well as the numeric one, packed in the HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter, coming tomorrow. With the date and time formatting you can determine how the date and
time is going to be displayed or even do advanced date calculations with
Date Add and Date Diff. The numeric filtering features a dozen of filters among which you'll find the currency filter that allows you to convert any number as currency. Check out the details below!
Date and Time Filtering
- Date Add - Add a date part of the day. For example weeks-5 subtracts five weeks from the date.
- Date Diff - Returns the difference between two dates. You can also choose a date interval from the drop down menu.
- Format Date - Format a date using one of the many available masks.
- Abs - Returns the absolute number.
- Ceil - Rounds a number upwards to the nearest integer.
- Currency - Format a number as currency.
- Floor - Rounds a number downwards to the nearest integer.
- Format Number - Coverts a number into a string with the given number decimals.
- Hex - Converts a hexadecimal string to a number.
- Pad Number - Converts a number to a string with leading zeros.
- Round - Rounds a number to the nearest integer.
- To Number - Converts the input to a number.
For this example we applied the Ceil filter in order to round the price number upwards to the nearest integer and also the currency filter to convert the price in the proper currency, in our case $USD. The order date has a format date filter applied - dd mm yyyy.
HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter
Dreamweaver Design View
Before applying Celi, Currency and Format Date filters
After applying Celi, Currency and Format Date filters
Our weekly content summary
This week was all about our newly released HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter that is already available in the Extensions section. Through the week we posted numerous blog posts with details for all the formatting filters that are included in this amazing Dreamweaver tool and also video tutorials and a hundred plus user manual that will help you work with this tool. Also the HTML5 Data Bindings got a huge power boost and its 1.2.0 version is packed with new features.