The last pack of filter that we'll present you, just a day before the official release of HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter are the general and text filters. Choose one of the many filters to apply formatting to your data binding.
For example, search and replace a text value or perform text transforms
like upper case, capitalize and many others. It's an easy job to apply any filter with our easy to use UI. Check out the details below and stay tuned for its official public appearance tomorrow!
- Default - Sets the default value if binding has no value.
- Camelcase - Camelcase a string. For example: DMXzone Data Bindings returns dmxzoneDataBindings.
- Camelize - Camelize a string. for example: DMXzone Data Bindings returns DMXzoneDataBindings.
- Capitalize - Capitalize a string. For example: DMXzone Data Bindings returns Dmxzone data bindings.
- Dasherize - Dasherize a string. For example: DMXzone Data Bindings returns -d-m-xzone-data-bindings.
- Humanize - Humanize a string. For example: DMXzoneDataBindings returns Dmxzone data bindings.
- Lower Case - Convert a string to lower case. For example: DMXzone Data Bindings returns dmxzone data bindings.
- Replace - Replace a part of a string with a new value.
- Slugify - Slugify a string. For example DMXzone Data Bindings returns dmxzone-data-bindings.
- Split - Split a string on a character.
- Titlecase - Titlecase a string. For example: DMXzone Data Bindings returns Dmxzone Data Bindings.
- To String - Converts the input to string.
- Trim - Trims white space from begin and end of a string.
- Underscore - Underscore a string. For example: DMXzone Data Bindings returns dmxzone_data_bindings.
- Upper Case - Converts a string to upper case. For example: DMXzone Data Bindings returns DMXZONE DATA BINDINGS.
For this example, we used the Uppercase filter that converts a string to upper case, in our example, the car names. Also we added a Replace filter to substitute cars with models into the category field.
HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter
Dreamweaver Design View
Before applying Upper case and Replace filters
After applying Upper case and Replace filters
Our weekly content summary
This week was all about our newly released HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter that is already available in the Extensions section. Through the week we posted numerous blog posts with details for all the formatting filters that are included in this amazing Dreamweaver tool and also video tutorials and a hundred plus user manual that will help you work with this tool. Also the HTML5 Data Bindings got a huge power boost and its 1.2.0 version is packed with new features.