This behavior sets the availability of form objects (= controls) in a selected form, and it allows you to:
- enable selected controls;
- disable selected controls;
- toggle the availability of selected controls (if the control was enabled it becomes disabled, and vice versa).
When filling out forms, there are sometimes form elements that need not (or even should not) be filled/activated depending on other values or choices in the form.
This extension allows you to disable form elements, so that the user can't activate them or enter text in them.
An example might be that the Submit button is disabled until the user makes a selection indicating that he/she agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
In this example the behavior would be applied twice to the page:
- to the onLoad event of the BODY tag to initially disable the Submit button (choose 'disable'),
- to the onClick event of the checkbox to toggle the availability of the Submit button (choose 'toggle').
Questions? Read the FAQ first!
Access this behavior:
step 1 - make sure there is a (named) form with at least one form object in the current document, and
step 2 - choose 'Enable/Disable Form Objects' from the 'FlevOOware' flyout in the Behaviors palette.