Pure ASP Upload 3 Support Product Page

Permissions problem on Windows Server 2008

Asked 22 Feb 2012 10:27:15
have this question
22 Feb 2012 10:27:15 Tim Pollard posted:
Hi

I am in the process of moving servers from a shared server where pure asp upload 3 works fine to a new Windows 2008 Web Edition server where I get the permissions error:

Upload Error
(21) An error has occurred while saving the file 'radB5E4F.tmp' in folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot\thisdomain\upload\reports\. Maybe you don't have the proper permissions.

I have set all three of Network Service, IIS_IUSRS(ComputerName\IIS_IUSRS) and the Internet Guest Account to have full control over the upload folder and then applied the same to the reports sub-folder, but it still doesn't work. I can't see what other account could need permeisions set in this edition of windows.

Is there any other folder the upload code tries to access that I also need to change?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

Replied 26 Feb 2015 15:32:04
26 Feb 2015 15:32:04 Steve Skinner replied:
I am having troubles with Pure ASP Upload 3 on Windows Server 2008 also, but this is the error I get:

Could not write the file 'D:\inetpub\wwwroot\....'. (I excluded the full path for obvious reasons)
Make sure that ASP.NET does have write permissions in the folder.

My server admin is telling me that "There is no longer a ASP.NET user on windows 2008 or 2012. You need to program the permissions in your code."

Is that true - and if so, what do we do?

Reply to this topic