DMXzone Database Connector PHP Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived by Teodor Kuduschiev on 6/15/2023 3:23:36 PM
In progress

Urgent! Builder Does Not Display New MySQL Columns

Reported 11 Jun 2014 18:47:20
have this problem
11 Jun 2014 18:47:20 Randy Riesterer posted:
Per client request, I've added several new columns to a MySQL dB but they will not display when I try to define them as a data source in Query Builder. I've tried everything I know of but still the new columns will not display in the Source column in the Database Source Query Builder. I'm way too far into the project to resolve this issue by remaking the Connection script like I did when this first occurred several weeks ago. I REALLY need a solution to this since I cannot go any further with the project until I get a resolution.
I'm Stuck! Help!

Replies

Replied 12 Jun 2014 09:16:55
12 Jun 2014 09:16:55 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Randy,
Currently the connection should be recreated in order for the new columns to be added inside the query builder. This will be improved in the next update, so you won't have to recreate the connection.
Replied 12 Jun 2014 12:11:53
12 Jun 2014 12:11:53 Randy Riesterer replied:
As I've described above, I've tried re-creating a new connection but the same old columns keep displaying. I've deleted the connection in the dmxConnections directory and have re-run the "Manage Database Connections" extension to create a new connection, but still get the old columns (field names) displaying in the Database Source Query Builder, even though they no longer exist in the database! The old column (field names) info must exit in a file or in a cache somewhere that the Builder refers to, and cannot be a live pull from the database itself since the table's old columns no longer exist. I tried this on both my iMAC, MacBook, and ASUS PC and get the same behavior.

Note: I am about 75% completed with the site conversion from DW CS6 server behaviors to DMXzone's extensions (app. 450 pages) and DO NOT want to have to revisit each page again to re-write any connections. Hopefully I can do a global "find-and-replace" in the code somewhere?
Replied 12 Jun 2014 12:49:45
12 Jun 2014 12:49:45 Randy Riesterer replied:
Added note: When I rename the table and hit "Apply" in the Database Connection screen, the new table name does eventually display in the Builder, but the old column (field) names remain.
This reply was removed on 6/6/2023 3:35:08 PM.
See the changelog

Reply to this topic