Scroller Genie Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

Variable heights for a vertical scroller?

Asked 06 Aug 2007 18:46:50
has this question
06 Aug 2007 18:46:50 Jean Ayotte posted:
I would like to have some informations before buying Scroller Genie.
Is it possible to create a seemless vertical scroller (with a duplicated DIV) without specifying the height of the DIVs to be displayed (the content will be regularly edited by my client and the size of the text content varies from platform and browsers)?

Also, is Scroller Genie compatible with Dreamweaver 9?

TIA!

Replies

Replied 07 Aug 2007 00:29:51
07 Aug 2007 00:29:51 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I would like to have some informations before buying Scroller Genie.
Is it possible to create a seemless vertical scroller (with a duplicated DIV) without specifying the height of the DIVs to be displayed (the content will be regularly edited by my client and the size of the text content varies from platform and browsers)?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Yes, this is the default behavior of the scroller. In fact, you shouldn't even specify the height of the scroller content layers.
The outer bounds of the scroller area are fixed, but the content is variable.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Also, is Scroller Genie compatible with Dreamweaver 9?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Yes, it is.

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/

Edited by - MarjaR on 07 Aug 2007 00:30:41
Replied 08 Aug 2007 17:50:54
08 Aug 2007 17:50:54 Jean Ayotte replied:
I inserted the scroller genie into the page, but I am facing some difficulties. The scroller is correctly positioning relative to an anchor, but as a positioned element it has a fixed width and height. A table below gives the surrounding border and reserves space for the scroller. But this is in a liquid layout where the height and width vary from window and font sizes.

I tried to make the scroller an unpositioned object (would inline describe what I mean) that would fit in the table (with a fixed heigth and a variable width) that would allow the scroller and the containing table to mutually adjust their sizes, without success.

So I reverted to a positioned scroller with an approximate width and a table with an approximate height so you could have a look:
http://bertuch.ca/IRSST/accueil_2.html (the scroller is on the right-side column, you may need to scroll down the page to see it)
Replied 08 Aug 2007 21:32:55
08 Aug 2007 21:32:55 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
The scroller can't have a fluid width/height. As I already stated in my first reply, the outer bounds/dimensions of the scroller are fixed.

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/

Reply to this topic