CSS Image Gallery Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Waiting on loading galleries

Asked 17 Dec 2007 22:14:37
has this question
17 Dec 2007 22:14:37 Kurt Degryse posted:
Hello,
on this page www.boetiek-kiekeboe.be/fotoalbum.html i have several image-galleries.
The first time if i click on the gallery RITA (when my internetcache is empty) it takes a while before i see the first photos. This is not looking very nice.

How can I solve this problem please?

Thanks in advance,

Kurt Degryse.

Replies

Replied 20 Dec 2007 16:45:34
20 Dec 2007 16:45:34 Kiril Iliev replied:
Hi Kurt,

This is caused because of your Internet connection. The gallery consists of many images and you need to wait till they load up in your browser.

You can reduce the number of images per gallery or either split them into different galleries.

Regards,

DMX Zones Support Team
Replied 16 Jan 2008 19:28:07
16 Jan 2008 19:28:07 Terry Hobart replied:
I also have several images and notice the same thing. However, I have noticed that as I run through the images (using the play button) at various times there is a hesitation implying that the page is downloading more images. I remember (from a long time ago) that there is a way to progressively load images in html. Is there some way to apply this to large slide shows. I also have the flash slide show pro. It does not do this. But the problem I have with that component is that many of my users want to be able to click the main image and see/save the full size picture. The css gallery allows me to do this.

Hoping for a solution. Thanks
Replied 13 Feb 2009 04:07:17
13 Feb 2009 04:07:17 Jon Jaques replied:
Hello, I've noticed this little problem as well -- I haven't tried it yet, but I'm considering trying to use the DW pre-load images javascript to help speed things up... This should work easily for me because I'll be dynamically populating the images into the page, but if you were doing it by hand it'd probably be quite a laborious pain in the butt.

Reply to this topic