CSS Image Gallery Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

Dreamweaver CS4 Mac OSX 10.5.6 - Automatically inserting previous CSS Gallery

Reported 28 Jan 2009 14:11:15
has this problem
28 Jan 2009 14:11:15 Rick Drummond posted:
Hi DMX Folk,
When I insert a CSS gallery into a Dreamweaver CS4 page all is fine.

When I then go to another application (email, extensions manager, an Excel file, anything, even the finder) return to the still open Dreamweaver (same file or different file, doesn't matter) an instance of this CSS gallery automatically inserts itself into the page. It only stops doing this if I quit DW altogether and reopen. But as soon as I insert a gallery into a page, the above scenario repeats itself.

it happened with the demo version of DW CS4, but also to a newly installed Subscriber edition of CSA Web Essentials. The work-around is to Command Z every time, but it is rather tiresome.

Is there a preferences file or similar that I can trash to somehow eradicate this gremlin.

I'm very happy with your products BTW.

Many thanks
Rick Drummond

Replies

Replied 29 Jan 2009 09:57:40
29 Jan 2009 09:57:40 Rick Drummond replied:
A bit more info:

If Dreamweaver (DW) is open but no file is open, when I bring DW to the front I get the following error message:

While executing onBlur in dmxCSSImgGal.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 268 of file "Machintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Dreamweaver
CS4: Configuration:SharedMXzone:CSS Image
Gallery:dmxCSSImgGal_lib.js":
dom has no properties

Is this a clue?

Loking forward to a solution on this strange one...

Thanks
Rick
Replied 12 Feb 2009 12:00:20
12 Feb 2009 12:00:20 Kiril Iliev replied:
Hi Rick,

Could you please provide us with the information according the to template found here:

www.dmxzone.com/forum/topic/39562/

In addition, please delete the extension, delete your cache.

* For Dreamweaver CS3 and above:

o Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver <version>\Configuration\

o XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver <version>\Configuration\

o MAC: MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Adobe : Dreamweaver <version> : Configuration :

* For Dreamweaver 8 and below

o Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Dreamweaver <version>\Configuration\

o XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration\

o MAC: MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Macromedia: Dreamweaver <version> : Configuration :

The file has a name like WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat (The following string could be different for your computer 7A9586CB ).

NOTE: These folders are normally hidden. Therefore, you may have to use Explorer > Tools > Folder Options to display them)

Regards,
Replied 13 Feb 2009 03:31:18
13 Feb 2009 03:31:18 Rick Drummond replied:
Thankyou.

As I stated in my first post I'm on a Mac.

It seems to have been fixed by uninstalling the extension & by trashing the multiple instances of <dmxCSSImgGal10.mxi> found in:

MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Macromedia: Dreamweaver <version> : Configuration :
then <EXTENSIONS>

Ther were also multiple instances in Users : <username> : Library : Application Support :Adobe : Extensions

Many thanks - my life is so much better []

Rick
Replied 15 Feb 2009 12:32:08
15 Feb 2009 12:32:08 Rick Drummond replied:
Spoke to soon. The problem still exists.

Please tell me the Mac equivalent of:

WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat

And where i might find it...

Thanks
Rick
Replied 15 Feb 2009 15:59:43
15 Feb 2009 15:59:43 Rick Drummond replied:
Actually what I described above did not fix it.

What did fix it was essentially as you said: uninsalling & reinstalling the extension and, in between, deleting a number of instances of MacFileCache-A58CCE96.dat files with various numbers in:

Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Adobe : Dreamweaver CS4 : en_US : Configuration :

Restarted dreamweaver and (so far) all fine.

Many thanks
Rick

Reply to this topic