Ajax DataGrid Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Pre-sales Q: custom sort key field with move up/down buttons

Asked 27 Jul 2009 15:34:02
has this question
27 Jul 2009 15:34:02 Mark Shelley posted:
Hi, having only just realised Adobe are killing off ADDT from the article on DMXzone which talks about Ajax DataGrid as part of a possible replacment I thought I would have a closer look!

One great feature of ADDT/Interakt Kollection in lists and forms was to have a move up/down field (sometimes called a 'sortkey'). This then puts up/down buttons in a list which swapped the value of the sortkey field with the previous or following records' sortkey value (depending on whether you move up or down). And also when you added a new record it would populate the sortkey field with an auto-incremented value based on the MAX of that column in the table.

Then, in your website front end you simply order by this field and it means that website administrators can choose exactly the order items appear. This is particualrly good where you have a list which you don't want to be ordered alphabetically or numerically.

Can Ajax DataGrid do this?

If it can't, could it be considered because I'm sure many ADDT/Interakt users would love something with all the clever stuff Ajax Datagrid appears to do, as well as this great feature from the now aging ADDT.

I for one would place an order right now if it did this!

Mark.
Edited by - Mark Shelley on 27 Jul 2009  15:34:30

Replies

Replied 28 Jul 2009 10:18:13
28 Jul 2009 10:18:13 Kiril Iliev replied:
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, the administrator/developer cannot set a custom order list which sorts the items in the order that one choose exactly.

However, we will consider this feature, and we might add it in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Reply to this topic