DMXzone Updater (free extension) Support Product Page

Answered

Unable to disable or remove

Asked 30 Mar 2010 08:27:26
has this question
30 Mar 2010 08:27:26 Samantha Davis posted:
This extension will still "work" when disabled, and even if you remove the extension, it still works! I am unable to get rid of it and it's annoying and I don't want to use it anymore.

Replies

Replied 30 Mar 2010 15:38:50
30 Mar 2010 15:38:50 George Petrov replied:
Hi Samantha,

You probably mean the alert message keeps popping in? That you need to install the DMXzone Updater?

For it see this FAQ: www.dmxzone.com/go?17115

Greetings,
George
Replied 31 Mar 2010 00:03:10
31 Mar 2010 00:03:10 Samantha Davis replied:
Nope I actually had it installed.....and I was ok with it for awhile but then I got annoyed with it, so first I tried removing the plugin. Even after removing the plugin, I would still get notifications periodically that something was updated. So, I thought I would disable it instead.....I reinstalled it, then disabled the plugin. Right now it is disabled and I got a notification not too long ago about something (I don't remember what). Today I got a notification about DMX updater. I am not sure what it said, I didn't really read it. Maybe the messages I have been getting are the one you specified. I will try what you suggested Thanks, Samantha

Edited by - Samantha Davis on 31 Mar 2010  00:03:48
Replied 21 Sep 2015 13:35:48
21 Sep 2015 13:35:48 Dean Wiseman replied:
DMX ZONE extensions are starting to feel more like malware or spyware. I've removed the extensions and had to fight to get rid of the constant pop ups still asking me for a serial number and to install. I managed to get rid of this after deleting some files from the configuration folder under 'c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\adobe\<dreamweaver version>\<lang>'

The extensions were removed, uninstalled, no longer in the extension manager.

However now out of the blue, been a few months, I'm getting pop ups for several DMX Zone extensions again. These were long ago uninstalled, but now I'm being asked again to enter the serial number and reinstall. ???????

I don't want to re-install I want these annoying, harassing, pop ups, gone but can't remove them.

This can't be good for DMX Zone bottom line. I know I will think twice before installing anything again.
Replied 08 Aug 2017 18:57:01
08 Aug 2017 18:57:01 Michael Walls replied:
Right after purchasing and installing the Bootstrap 3 extension, Dreamweaver became sluggish and seemed to hang in load and save processes - and I wasn't even using the app. I contacted support and was told to un-check auto update. I un-checked it.

I then checked Task Manager and it was still running 8 processes, using a total of 111,674 K memory - only 62.9 K less than it takes to run Dreamweaver. I went into the now hijacked Extension Manager and DEACTIVATED the extension.

Guess what? all eight processes still running and still using almost as much memory as Dreamweaver. WTF?

Reply to this topic