App Connect Slideshow Support Product Page

This topic was archived by Teodor Kuduschiev on 12/1/2017 7:34:52 AM
Solved

Wrong include files order on Mac

Reported 05 Jul 2017 15:13:38
has this problem
05 Jul 2017 15:13:38 Adrian Thurley posted:
I must have been one of the first to buy this extension because it appeared to offer exactly what I wanted. I have had my own web design company for 17 years and slide shows are always difficult to make both responsive and work seamlessly across all platforms. I have tried many others. However, I had great trouble getting this to install and even more trouble getting it to work. At first it simply would not show any images with Dreamweaver, or viewing via a browser Chrome or Safari. I eventually got it to show some slides on anew blank page but still could not get it to work properly. I believe there is something conflicting with its code. I was trying to use it on a very simple web site www.carolinerichmond.co.uk/gallery.html eventually I had to resort to revert to using Apple photos slideshow but this is not ideal. After spending 2 hours trying to get the software to work I sent a support request on Sunday 1 July, nothing heard as of today 5 July. My web site customer is not impressed. Nor am I.

Replies

Replied 05 Jul 2017 13:19:31
05 Jul 2017 13:19:31 George Petrov replied:
HI Adrian,

I've moved your reply to our support forum. Here you can get support. There is a link to each product support forum on its product page.
We also have Live Support chat available on the site for direct support - I wonder how you didn't found it.

Any way I've checked your page and I didn't see any App Connect Slideshow on it - so I can't really see what the trouble is.

If you put a test page online we can check it. Do make sure you follow the video tutorials about the product usage.

Greetings,
George
Replied 05 Jul 2017 13:52:10
05 Jul 2017 13:52:10 Adrian Thurley replied:
I did follow the support link which is where I requested support?

Here is my first slideshow - blank?

www.carolinerichmond.co.uk/gallery2.htm

Rgds, Adrian
Replied 05 Jul 2017 14:39:44
05 Jul 2017 14:39:44 George Petrov replied:
Well the order of the includes is wrong. Not sure how you add it but the
dmxAppConnect.js script include should be at the top of all others, so move it manually and it should work

Greetings,
George
Replied 06 Jul 2017 11:02:29
06 Jul 2017 11:02:29 Adrian Thurley replied:
Hi George, thank you that worked. I am still struggling with some settings. How do I generate thumbnails please? And it was adding titles from the image title at some point but that has stopped?

I generated a new page by the way and again the files were in the wrong order?

The video covers the basics but all the other options are not obvious to me. Is there a comprehensive manual?

Many thanks

www.carolinerichmond.co.uk/gallery4.htm
Replied 06 Jul 2017 11:16:43
06 Jul 2017 11:16:43 George Petrov replied:
Hi Adrian,

I generated a new page by the way and again the files were in the wrong order?

Could you tell me the exact order your are working on a new page? What do you insert first?
Also what is your exact DW version?

And it was adding titles from the image title at some point but that has stopped?

Could you explain that more in detail? Maybe with screenshot

How do I generate thumbnails please

When you click add folder - images are auto resized from the whole folder and thumbnails are generated.
However we don't use yet the thumbnails - so you won't see them in the slideshow.

Greetings,
George

Replied 06 Jul 2017 11:30:33
06 Jul 2017 11:30:33 Adrian Thurley replied:
Hi George

Dreamweaver CC 2015 on a Macbook Pro fully up to date.

I generated a new page from site template. Clicked where I wanted a slide show.
Prompted to add DMX Zone App Support
It adds
<script type="text/javascript" src="dmxAppConnect/dmxAppConnect.js"></script>
in the <head>
Then click add component->slideshow and it then adds
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="dmxAppConnect/dmxSlideshow/dmxSlideshow.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="dmxAppConnect/dmxSlideshow/dmxSlideshow.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="dmxAppConnect/dmxSlideshow/themes/default.css" />
above the dmx script

Are you planning to add thumbnails?

Rgds, Adrian
Replied 06 Jul 2017 12:11:20
06 Jul 2017 12:11:20 George Petrov replied:
Thanks will check it.

Maybe try loading on a blank page - without template see if it happens.

As for the thumbnails - yes we will have more additional themes in the future that will use thumbnails.

For now we have the basic themes - and we also have a lot of additional transition effects, like the just release 2D Transitions - you should check them out.

www.dmxzone.com/go/32957/app-connect-slideshow-2d-transitions

Greetings,
George

Replied 10 Jul 2017 09:50:08
10 Jul 2017 09:50:08 Adrian Thurley replied:
Hi George

I have got the slide show as I want it but the sliding transition is not working correctly? Please advise how I can make it smooth.

www.carolinerichmond.co.uk/gallery4.htm
Replied 10 Jul 2017 10:05:43
10 Jul 2017 10:05:43 George Petrov replied:
Hi Adrian,

You should really make sure all the images have the same size.. otherwise they cannot be smoothly transitioned from one to other.

If you use the built-in resizer in Dreamweaver when adding a whole folder all images will be automatically resized for you.

Greetings,
George

Replied 10 Jul 2017 10:08:09
10 Jul 2017 10:08:09 Adrian Thurley replied:
These are images of individual paintings of different aspect ratios. I I use the resizing option they will be cropped - not what my customer wants. Is there no other way to make the transitions smooth?

Regards

Adrian
Replied 10 Jul 2017 10:46:59
10 Jul 2017 10:46:59 George Petrov replied:
Well the slideshow is meant to fully transform one image to other in the same size - they cannot grow or shrink - it will be a terrible effect.
Image you slide from one small to a very big image ...

if your images are so different maybe you should consider displaying them in a different way and not in a slideshow.
Or crop them for in the slideshow and when they click to see the details show the full image.

Greetings,
George
Replied 18 Jul 2017 16:55:56
18 Jul 2017 16:55:56 User  replied:
Hello Adrian & George,

I have used many slideshows and sliders from different vendors, and had the same issue with aspect ratio for the images. My solution was to bring all the images into Photoshop and match the background colour from the webpage to the background layer in Photoshop. I set the size of the initial background to give the best results in viewing the content in various image .. layouts vertical & horizontal in their original aspect ratio. I then flattened the layers and exported the images to a folder for use in the slideshow, with all images being the same size, and no cropping of any of the images, but sometimes space around the images to accommodate the layout space.

I hope this is helpful in some way to you Adrian. You may have already done this and probably have used this technique before. It's difficult to get a program to automate the end effect we are looking for, so we usually end up spending a bit more time in prep which hopefully you can reflect in your invoice to your customer.

Good luck with everything,
Doug
Replied 20 Jul 2017 16:30:14
20 Jul 2017 16:30:14 Adrian Thurley replied:
Hi Doug

That is a good work around - thank you! Now George, if you could add that functionality to your extension you really would have a winner.....

Cheers
Replied 30 Nov 2017 17:18:46
30 Nov 2017 17:18:46 Peter deVries replied:
Hello.

Extension slideshow with 2d and 3d GOOD PERFECT

Peter de Vries

Reply to this topic