Advanced HTML Editor 3 Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived by Teodor Kuduschiev on 2/7/2018 12:27:57 PM
Answered

Support not responding?

Asked 24 Jun 2016 11:04:40
have this question
24 Jun 2016 11:04:40 Nathon Jones posted:
I am having trouble with advHTML Editor 3.5.6 in that when you paste from Notepad it either bunches all the text into one huge paragraph or it double line breaks the line breaks from Notepad. Also when you press Enter to add a line break it jumps to the end of your text as if you'd pressed the "End" key.

This is happening across all browsers and also in the showcase example on the DMX Zone website.

Miro was looking into this but disappeared offline in the middle of our conversation and now I can't get a response via the online support.

Are there problems at DMX Zone?

Replies

Replied 24 Jun 2016 13:14:42
24 Jun 2016 13:14:42 Greta Garberini replied:
Unfortunately this and other topics affects a lot of users. HTML3 editor is outdated, old-fashioned and buggy. It was written for the old server behaviors and fails a reasonable update.

It was brushed up a little to meet the basics with Data-Bindings but fails to work smoothly. Another major bug is the disappearance of content on update!
If users are unaware of this because they edit something else in the form suddenly find themselves with an overwritten text area which content is silently replaced by a silly <p></p> tag.

I am sure everybody at DMX knows this and I do hope they are working on updates. As often no one can tell us clients (and our clients) when or even if this will be the case. In its present state it should not be sold anymore.
Replied 24 Jun 2016 15:21:46
24 Jun 2016 15:21:46 Nathon Jones replied:
It's the lack of communication and also ignoring support requests even though it says "We Are Online"...it's all very unprofessional and I'm quite surprised by it tbh.

I've used WebAssist extensions for a long time and one of their failings is that they have made many promises over the years with their extensions but barely one or two have ever come to fruition and even now they don't install without the DMX Zone Extension Manager!

One thing they are EXTREMELY good at though is support...the forum is excellent and whilst it's not immediate you'll always get a reply from Ray with helpful, useful, information and advice.

It's the lack of development at WebAssist that had me considering moving all my extensions to DMX Zone but now I'm not so sure as what you're describing sounds ominously similar to experiences I've had in the past with WebAssist.

I'm hoping that, in the interests of courtesy and, of course, professionalism, that someone from DMX Zone will update us on what's going on and will also let us know why support requests are being ignored.

Good luck Greta.
NJ

Replied 25 Jun 2016 08:58:00
25 Jun 2016 08:58:00 Greta Garberini replied:
Thanks Nathon,
Actually I am very happy with DMXzone's recent extensions. They are very useful and after some learning I am getting used to the server actions they offer. It is a perfect replacement for the old and deprecated server behaviours. In that sense DMXzone leads the pack and apart from WebAssist's shopping cart their extensions can easily replace most others.

It is just this basic and most important CMS tool for backend updating and inserting where all the text formatting, headings, colors etc takes place: This does not at all work together with bootstrap3 family. We have been waiting a very long time for an image tool and it took ages to deliver it but now since it is out, it is one of the best tools I have ever seen in this respect. Also this little tool for UTF-8 name checking is a very important tool for where I live and work.

So hopefully everyone at DMXzone is working on an Editor which is as promising as the other stuff they created. Because now it is just an awfully outdated tool almost as bad as IE 6.
Let us not stop hoping!
Replied 27 Jun 2016 07:14:02
27 Jun 2016 07:14:02 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Nathon, Greta,

The support is not ignoring any of the requests. Usually if the live support is online and available, and not responding this means that the support agents are busy with other customers, which sometimes can really take long time for more complicated questions/issues. If there are no chat operators available, then your question gets converted into a ticket and this ticket then gets answered, by the support agents, when they are available.

As for the forum topics - sorry for the delayed replies here, but i was off for a week, so it was not possible to answer immediately.

I will check the issues you mention and then will discuss them with our developers, to see if/when there will be an update for the AHE3.
Replied 27 Jun 2016 07:45:05
27 Jun 2016 07:45:05 Nathon Jones replied:
Hi Teodor,

Last week we were in the middle of a support session with Miro and it was just switched off.
I have e-mailed without reply, and there has been no reply, until now, in the support forum.

If the live support is online and available then shouldn't you reconsider the "you'll be answered in 5 minutes" etc notifications? We have found ourselves hanging on there for 10+ minutes without response which does feel a little like we're being ignored, particularly when it has gone well past the estimate reply time.

If no chat operators were available last week and our question has been converted into a ticket, what is the reference for that ticket and how do we follow that up?

There is a major problem with advHTML Editor and I'd have to agree with Greta in her reply that it really shouldn't be being sold as a product because it doesn't work.

I spent most of last week setting up a CMS for a client using advHTML Editor throughout and the first thing my client has done is come back to me saying "it doesn't allow me to paste", "when I press enter it jumps to the end". It's tough to give them any kind of answer to this when we can't get answers ourselves. plus it's disappointing to discover that an extension doesn't work in the way that it's advertised as being able to work.

I appreciate that you'll be doing all you can to swiftly resolve this I think it's just the support delays, or complete radio silence in some cases, that are frustrating people (I note others in the forum complaining about a lack of response too).

Hoping for an update, soon, on advHTML Editor anyway.
Thank you.
NJ
Replied 27 Jun 2016 08:07:07
27 Jun 2016 08:07:07 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Our support is not available during weekends, so all of your questions will be answered in the next working day.

The paste is working just fine in the editor - CTRL+V pastes everything from your clipboard to the editor body.
I cannot agree the editor is "not working" because of the browser specific issue you are having with the enter which goes to the bottom, but this will be fixed, as soon as we find which of the browser updates broke it. The rest of the text edit options are working as advertised.
Replied 27 Jun 2016 08:12:57
27 Jun 2016 08:12:57 Nathon Jones replied:
I shall look forward to hearing from you then.

Here's a screenshot of what's happening when we Ctrl+V into the editor body using any browser...

Hitting Enter jumps to the bottom in all browsers I've tested here - Edge, IE11, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

Hoping there's a quick solution, thank you.
NJ
Replied 28 Jun 2016 22:45:08
28 Jun 2016 22:45:08 Nathon Jones replied:
No response as of yet Teodor.
Replied 29 Jun 2016 02:21:33
29 Jun 2016 02:21:33 Greta Garberini replied:
Is this plain text you paste into it?
Replied 29 Jun 2016 07:32:31
29 Jun 2016 07:32:31 Nathon Jones replied:
Yes, straight from Notepad because pasting from Word carries over unnecessary formatting/code. (see above)
Replied 29 Jun 2016 07:37:26
29 Jun 2016 07:37:26 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello, we are currently investigating this behavior. It takes a while as it is OS and browser specific. We will notify you as soon as we have a fix.
Replied 29 Jun 2016 08:16:37
29 Jun 2016 08:16:37 Greta Garberini replied:
Hmm,
Edge, IE11, Firefox, Chrome and Safari are lot of browsers, though.
How can this be "browser specific"? Unfortunately our clients are used to their favorite browser. Firefox, Chrome and Edge must work. I could explain to abandon IE because it is an illness which MS wants to get rid of itself asap. No problem on my side to explain it.
But the above mentioned should work, no matter what OS. I can pay DMXzone Extensions from Linux / Chromium / Firefox without a problem using online banking.
The idea I would have to explain my clients to use another computer to update their website gives me the creeps.
Replied 29 Jun 2016 08:42:21
29 Jun 2016 08:42:21 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
We cannot recreate this behavior in every browser every time, so we need time to debug this issue and see when exactly it happens, what causes it and can this be fixed immediately.
We will send you a fix, as soon as it is available.
Replied 29 Jun 2016 15:58:50
29 Jun 2016 15:58:50 Nathon Jones replied:
"The idea I would have to explain my clients to use another computer to update their website gives me the creeps." - Agree entirely. Clients just don't want to hear that Greta. They don't care about "browser specific" issues, which this isn't btw.

What HTML Editor does this forum use because I'm not having any problems with this - pasting, pressing Enter etc? I am, however, having problems with the DMX Zone advHTML Editor showcase pages which behave the same way as my own advHTML Editor fields.

Hoping for news soon as my client is, understandably, confused by the whole situation. We've also paid for this extension and it's not working so I'm hoping that fixing it is a priority at DMX Zone. I did raise this last week.

Hear from you soon I hope.
NJ
Replied 05 Jul 2016 07:49:04
05 Jul 2016 07:49:04 Nathon Jones replied:
Almost another week has gone past now...when will we get an update?
Replied 05 Jul 2016 08:01:36
05 Jul 2016 08:01:36 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Nathon,
I don't have an exact update date yet. You will be notified as soon as there are news about this.
Replied 05 Jul 2016 09:01:46
05 Jul 2016 09:01:46 Nathon Jones replied:
Hi Teodor,

Are we talking days, weeks, months...a year?

I need to let my client know why this isn't working and how long it will be before it will be fixed.

If it's going to be months then I'll have to look at an alternative solution which leaves me with a DMX Zone extension that doesn't work.

Appreciate the efforts you're making to get this sorted. Thank you.
NJ
Replied 05 Jul 2016 09:21:24
05 Jul 2016 09:21:24 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hi Nathon,

We have some updates/releases with higher priority at the moment, before this extension gets updated. Unfortunately I don't see this happening by the end of July.
Replied 05 Jul 2016 17:30:42
05 Jul 2016 17:30:42 Nathon Jones replied:
That's disappointing Teodor. We have an extension that doesn't work and will have to pay for an alternative solution. I'm not clear why Advanced HTML Editor is still being offered for sale here tbh, considering this problem.

Switching to DMX Zone extensions isn't what I'd hoped it would be. A lesson learnt, I feel.

I, and my clients, would appreciate an update as soon as possible.
Thank you.
NJ
Replied 05 Jul 2016 18:43:10
05 Jul 2016 18:43:10 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Nathon,
Advanced HTML Editor 3, which you've bought 2 years ago, has been updated several times since then, and we always keep it up to date. As i explained in my posts - IT IS working as advertised, and there are no issues with it, excluding the "go to the end when you hit enter" issue which you are having and which is browser specific issue ...

This will be fixed in the upcoming updates, later this summer. We have produced really advanced and complex front and back-end web development framework called DMXzone Server Connect, which has more urgent new features to be integrated, as there are thousands of users out there waiting for them. This is our top priority at the moment.

After testing your issue on several OS/versions and all of the browser, i can confirm it is a browser related issue, which you can currently fix by changing the line break type from AUTO to BR in the Editor settings. This way the cursor won't go to the end, the first time you hit enter, after pasting the text in it:

Sorry for the delayed update, but it is not me who prioritizes the updates/releases. As soon as the update is available you will be able to use AUTO or P as a line break option again, without any issues.
Replied 06 Jul 2016 08:11:58
06 Jul 2016 08:11:58 Greta Garberini replied:
I hope that the other issues (empty update syndrome, integration into modal forms...) will work too after having been updated.

Of course we love your great range of products but if such an essential tool for ANY CMS - to insert and update formatted content is buggy - you need to get your priorities right.

If you are aware that we - your clients - are paying your wages you should listen to what our priorities in web-design are. Because we get the shitstorm of our clients if the tools and sites we are offering don't work. And I hate to be forced to use alternative products... So please reconsider your decisions about the time-frame!

Best,
Greta
Replied 06 Jul 2016 08:19:36
06 Jul 2016 08:19:36 Nathon Jones replied:
I couldn't agree more Greta.

Teodor, you describe this as a "browser specific" issue. Can you clarify what you mean by that?
It's affecting all browsers here.

I want "Enter" to add a P tag otherwise I'll have to pre-code the P tag for my dynamic content...

<p>{my dynamic content]</p>

Also, inserting the P tag is a functionality of the extension so I don't accept your suggestion that "IT IS working as advertised".

Pushing updates back because of priorities elsewhere is WebAssist all over again and that's exactly what I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with at DMX Zone.

As it stands I've purchased a product (does it matter how long ago?) that doesn't function correctly. Clients are asking me when it will be fixed and I can give them no firm date. That's just plain unprofessional.

Hoping that your priorities will change.
Thank you.
NJ
Replied 06 Jul 2016 08:26:30
06 Jul 2016 08:26:30 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hi Greta,
Actually our priority list is based exactly on user requests...

Nathon,
The workaround until the update is released is to use BR as an Enter Handle option in AHE3.
If you leave it to AUTO/P it would cause issues in some browsers, when you paste long text from Notepad, the first time you hit enter.
Also - i mentioned the date of purchase, as the enter issue is a new one, caused by new browser updates, and by the time of purchase this issue was not existing...

I will keep you updated when i have more news about the upcoming update.

Replied 06 Jul 2016 08:46:18
06 Jul 2016 08:46:18 Nathon Jones replied:
Will I therefore need to hand code P tags around my dynamic (advHTML Editor) content?

<p>[dynamic content with lots of <br> tags within it]</p>

...and then remove those once the update is released?

I do appreciate that you can do nothing about updates to browsers. It must drive you mad I'm sure. I'm not clear why we even need 5+ different types of browsers - I'm sure it's something very technical that people like me just don't understand <rolls eyes>.

Appreciate an update just whenever you have it. Thanks man.
NJ
Replied 06 Jul 2016 09:27:41
06 Jul 2016 09:27:41 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Not sure what do you mean?
Isn't this issue appearing, when you paste long text from notepad into the editor? Is it also happening with dynamic content?

Could you please contact me in our live support and show us the page, where this happens?

Reply to this topic