ASP

This topic is locked

Loginname as Session

Posted 24 Oct 2001 18:00:40
has voted
24 Oct 2001 18:00:40 martijn martijn posted:
<font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'>
Hello,

I've been struggling with a problem for a while now, so I've figured out that I should ask for help!

The problem is this:

I have a login page (called login.asp), which redirects you to another asp page if de loginname en password are correct. For this login I've used the standard login server behaviour provided by UD4.

This behaviour turns the loginname into a session. Okeej, no problem until here. If the login is succesfull it redirects to a page (called loggedin.asp), on this page the loginname and other properties of the user are shown. But it's doesn't show the right loginname and properties on the page. It always takes the first entry and including properties out of the SQL database.

I think it has to do with the filter settings of the recordset on the loggedin.asp page. But I've tried several settings of the filter. Every time it uses the first entry or i get this error message:

Error Type:
ADODB.Field (0x800A0BCD)
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

I'm getting real depressed by this problem, because I can't get it working for a while now.

So I would by real happy if somebody can help me out!

Tnx,

Martijn Mekkele

Replies

Replied 25 Oct 2001 09:25:23
25 Oct 2001 09:25:23 Viktor Farcic replied:
Did you filter data with Session("MM_Username"?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hello,

I've been struggling with a problem for a while now, so I've figured out that I should ask for help!

The problem is this:

I have a login page (called login.asp), which redirects you to another asp page if de loginname en password are correct. For this login I've used the standard login server behaviour provided by UD4.

This behaviour turns the loginname into a session. Okeej, no problem until here. If the login is succesfull it redirects to a page (called loggedin.asp), on this page the loginname and other properties of the user are shown. But it's doesn't show the right loginname and properties on the page. It always takes the first entry and including properties out of the SQL database.

I think it has to do with the filter settings of the recordset on the loggedin.asp page. But I've tried several settings of the filter. Every time it uses the first entry or i get this error message:

Error Type:
ADODB.Field (0x800A0BCD)
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

I'm getting real depressed by this problem, because I can't get it working for a while now.

Tnx,

Martijn Mekkele

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 30 Oct 2001 16:12:58
30 Oct 2001 16:12:58 martijn martijn replied:
Yes, I've done that, but I noriced that there where different results when I used the = sign or the contains filter.

With contains it takes the first entry out of the db and with the = sign i get a error message.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Did you filter data with Session("MM_Username"?

Hello,

The problem is this:

Error Type:
ADODB.Field (0x800A0BCD)

Tnx,

Martijn Mekkele

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic