Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Sorry, newbie here.

Posted 06 Nov 2001 10:37:26
has voted
06 Nov 2001 10:37:26 Alan Spratley posted:
Hi Guys, can anyone suggest a good starting point for ASP/PHP? I have been designing for a couple of years now and want to move on but having never had any introduction to ASP I find it hard to get my head round the very basics of it. Any help much appreciated.

Replies

Replied 07 Nov 2001 19:04:42
07 Nov 2001 19:04:42 Viktor Farcic replied:
My advice to anybody is first to follow the tutorial from UltraDev and get basic understanding of program. UD has lots of 'ready to go' ASP scripts (like create recordset, display record...). Whenever you use something like this take a look at code and try to figure it out. After you get undestranding of code UD generates you'll be able to modify it or write your own.
For ASP itself best site I know of is www.4guysfromrolla.com

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi Guys, can anyone suggest a good starting point for ASP/PHP? I have been designing for a couple of years now and want to move on but having never had any introduction to ASP I find it hard to get my head round the very basics of it. Any help much appreciated.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic