Forums

This topic is locked

Dynamic SQL statment???

Posted 09 Jun 2002 20:30:43
has voted
09 Jun 2002 20:30:43 Matthijs Horsman posted:
Hello all,

I have the following problem...

I have a search form where people are supposed to search for houses in different locations. So for example i wanna look for a house in Amsterdam, Londen and Paris. These placenames are dynamicly created from a recordset, an can change, depending on the places enterd in the Content Managemt System.
Normally i would create a dropdown with the places and let people search for one places (for example; Amsterdam) but now i want the visitors of the site to be able to check some checkboxes for all the places they are looking for.

You can just name all checkboxes "location" but then i just get a querystring with a comma (,) and Acces doesn't allow that.

I hope anyone had a way to point me, any help or suggestions would be helpfull..

(as i said i am using an Acces Database....)

Thanx in advance...

Matthijs
----------------
UD4/WY2K/IIS/ASP-VB
www.chaps.nl

Replies

Replied 11 Jun 2002 11:30:36
11 Jun 2002 11:30:36 Marcellino Bommezijn replied:
Have you tried to use a list element instead of a menu element (dropdown box) in the form which allows multiple selections ?
Replied 11 Jun 2002 11:57:03
11 Jun 2002 11:57:03 Matthijs Horsman replied:
Yes Tried that to...

Problem is that when i submit the form the querystring look like locatie=amsterdam&locatie=paris if i select these two options. And i gues the Sql statment on the results-page, doens't get that... I just use a request.Querystring("locatie" for the variable...

Do you maybe have some other options??

Thanx in advance, anything will help...

Matthijs
----------------
UD4/WY2K/IIS/ASP-VB
www.chaps.nl

Reply to this topic