Forums

This topic is locked

Criteria Field with more then one value

Posted 15 Aug 2002 16:13:32
has voted
15 Aug 2002 16:13:32 Pat Heuber posted:
I have been given a Excel Spreadsheet as a basis for a e-commerce project. The spread sheet contains all the articles and criterias and IDs neccessary. It is pretty big (26.000 articles). The problem for me is the following: for example one criteria is the color of a shirt. Within the spreadshead there is a field info1 containing all possible colors seperated by comma in that one field. I would like to take over the spreadsheet the way it is as a mySQL Database. But how can I read out that field with the color information to show the possible values in a list/menu form field via php and simultaneously separate them again for the users choice.

Example:
ID=1
article=shirt
info5=(white, black,red, blue)
price=25.99

I like to avoid converting that spreadshead into 5 or 6 different tables only because the criterias do not contain one field for each color.

Replies

Replied 19 Aug 2002 09:56:53
19 Aug 2002 09:56:53 Julio Taylor replied:
You'll need to set up a relational database, using a sperate table for look-up values (like Colour, Size and other repeated constants).

Using UD4's dynamic list function, you can populate a list/menu item on a form from a database table, check out the tutorials that ship with UD4/DMX, they are more than sufficient to grasp the concept of dynamic menus.

------------------------
Poolio

MSN:

www.eliziumdesign.com

Reply to this topic