Forums

This topic is locked

Stop sending unsolicited email

Posted 27 Aug 2002 10:05:56
has voted
27 Aug 2002 10:05:56 Doug Finnie posted:
For the 3rd time I've received unsolicited email from udzone, which I have specifically asked in my profile NOT to receive. The email even has the nerve at the bottom to tell me to edit my profile should I not wish to receive email. Fince chance! I've replied to ' ' on all three occassions with no response to date.

What is the point in allowing people an opt-out if it is going to be ignored? If it was a condition of membership that I had to receive junk mail, then I wouldn't have registered in the first place.

This is a disgraceful abuse of my membership to this site, which is a shame because the site is otherwise superb. However I have now had to remove my email address and shall not be visiting any further.

Replies

Replied 27 Aug 2002 16:41:05
27 Aug 2002 16:41:05 Dave Thomas replied:
Well i've been a member of this site for a bit now and can say i've never had a single bit of "spam" from UD Zone.

And even the newsletter is once every month or so.

What's the problem in that? If you think the site is so good, I can't understand why you're so p*****d off

Regards,
Dave

UD4 || Flash || Access ||Web Hosting
Replied 29 Aug 2002 09:45:28
29 Aug 2002 09:45:28 Doug Finnie replied:
Because I opted out from any of that, and the site is blankly refusing to accept that. And short of changing my email address to a bogus one there's no other way to remove me from the system.

Its just a matter of politeness, and so far there has been none, not even a reply. Like I say, great site, but thats no excuse.
Replied 29 Aug 2002 10:02:35
29 Aug 2002 10:02:35 George Petrov replied:
Sorry for the late response. There was indeed a small flaw in the system, so it didn't respected all cleared notifications.

We will do that for 100% in all future mailings.

Sorry for the trouble.

Greetings,
George

-----------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Co-Founder, www.UDzone.com
The site for Macromedia
Dreamweaver UltraDev Developers!
-----------------------------------------------

Reply to this topic