Forums

This topic is locked

ASP Upload - image size limits problem.

Posted 09 Oct 2002 20:27:39
has voted
09 Oct 2002 20:27:39 Richard Visser posted:
Hi , i'm having the following problem, don't know if it is a bug.

On a page i have a form with four filefields on it, i suplied the asp upload behaviour to it, with the max. image size limits set at 200 x 100. Now if i select an image with a bigger size i get the warning message that the image is too big...(like it should)...after accepting the message i click the submit button from the form, the same warning message appears again...(again like it should)...but now it comes: after accepting this warning message the selected image(s) , wich is too big , is in spite of that being uploaded !!

This only happens when i make a selection in one the first three filefields, the fourth filefield is functioning OK, it will not upload too big images.

Is this a bug or do i need to make some changes on the page?

Any help will be appreciated, Richard.

Replies

Replied 10 Oct 2002 10:13:20
10 Oct 2002 10:13:20 George Petrov replied:
Well, this is a known problem, but we have no idea yet how to solve it.

It is due to the following:

* as we check the size of the image in your browser, the image is being loaded, invisible
* this means that it is loaded also in the browser cache
* next time to checking is done, we try to load the new image, but your browser gives only the cached version ... as the path and filename are the same, so the script checks the same old big image.

So we don't have a solutions for this yet, but still looking.

Greetings,
George

-----------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Co-Founder, www.UDzone.com
The site for Macromedia
Dreamweaver UltraDev Developers!
Replied 10 Oct 2002 17:07:08
10 Oct 2002 17:07:08 Richard Visser replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>* next time to checking is done, we try to load the new image, but your browser gives only the cached version ... as the path and filename are the same, so the script checks the same old big image. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

George , i think you misunderstood my problem: i don't select a new image but still have the too big imagepath in the filefield, pressing the submit button from the form gives a new warning, after accepting that warning, the too big image is being uploaded. (So there is a warning that the image size limits are too big , but the image is still being uploaded, in spite of being too big.)

Even if the check is done from the browsercache, the image should not be uploaded, because the cached version has also too big size limits.

hope this clears my problem a bit, greetings Richard.

Edited by - Fixer on 10 Oct 2002 17:07:43
Replied 11 Oct 2002 14:59:22
11 Oct 2002 14:59:22 George Petrov replied:
I see indeed - a slidly different problem.

Could you send me a test page? mail to

Greetings,
George

George Petrov - Co-Founder, www.UDzone.com
The site for Macromedia
Dreamweaver UltraDev Developers!
Replied 19 Oct 2002 18:48:25
19 Oct 2002 18:48:25 Richard Visser replied:
George, i did sent you the page a few days ago. Did you have time to take a look at it?

Reply to this topic