Forums

This topic is locked

Zone Feature or Bug or What ?

Posted 08 Jan 2003 08:04:39
has voted
08 Jan 2003 08:04:39 John Ashton posted:
Since the inception of the original zones they have proven to be an invaluable resource for me and the udzone especially. Congrats to all who devote their time and energies to this great network of sites.

But there is a down side to it - at least for me. I dont know where the problem lies, but if it can be solved then it would make the zones far more usable.

It seems that every time I go to the dmxzone ( and the udzone before that) I experience unacceptable delays in the page down loads. So much so that in most cases the download times-out and I get the "Page Not Available" error message in my browser.

For example, if I were to select TalkZones or Tutorials from the top menu of the home page, the top banner and the Left Hand Side promo boxes would load, then nothing else.

I can wait, and wait for the page to complete the load and after a *long time* read - minutes - the page will either time-out or less likely, will complete the download. My workaround is to constantly do a refresh every 10 seconds or more.

As a result, it can take an agonizing amount of time to drill down to find a tutorial or get into the talkzones, etc. etc..

Of all the sites I visit. the zones are the only ones to suffer this problem.

Anyone else suffer from this feature/bug ??

John Ashton
Intellinet Business Solutions
Wollombi NSW 2325
ph: +61-2-4998 3426
email:

Replies

Replied 13 Jan 2003 17:22:31
13 Jan 2003 17:22:31 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
I don't have this problem with dmxzone.com??

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.flevooware.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 14 Jan 2003 12:00:35
14 Jan 2003 12:00:35 George Petrov replied:
What is your connection speed?

Greetings,
George

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFreaks.nl
--------------------------------------------------
Replied 15 Jan 2003 05:39:58
15 Jan 2003 05:39:58 John Ashton replied:
Thanks for getting back to me on this George. ...typically 48k via dial up modem. As I mentioned, it is only wiith the 'zone that I experience this unusual problem, way down here down under.

John Ashton
Intellinet Business Solutions
Wollombi NSW 2325
ph: +61-2-4998 3426
email:

Reply to this topic