Forums

This topic is locked

Community Spirit..!!!

Posted 08 May 2003 11:04:10
has voted
08 May 2003 11:04:10 Alan Davies posted:
<font size=2><font face='Arial'><i>Sorry this is a bit of a rant....</i>

over the past few year we have seen a hugh boom in the amount of dreamweaver users and the number of extension available to them, this has been one of my favorite things about the dreamweaver community, the way that when you are doing something in dreamweavber and you get stuck you are almost curtain that you will find someone else out there who has already had the problem and the have a fix for it or even better, that theey have actually take the time to create a entension and then published it so everybody can use it.

what i find upsetting is the loss of that community spirit to commeral gain, i find that nowadays it is very hard to find even a basic extension for free, i understand that people need to make a living, so ofcourse making some of the extension pay-for is a simple true.

As a lot of my web development work is done on a volentier basis running sites for many community groups, locally, nationally and internationally (and being a student) makes spend £200 on a suit of extension a bit impracital (and almost impossible without forking out from my loan)

so come on guys let put some spirit back in to the community

cheers
<font color=maroon><i>Alan</i></font id=maroon></font id='Arial'></font id=size2>

Replies

Replied 17 May 2003 00:54:13
17 May 2003 00:54:13 Ivan Halen replied:
ventures, I totally agree with you.
OK, I can also understand that some extensions can be commercial, but I don't remember a free Classic ASP extension on this site from a lot of time...

I saw that now also some tutorials are to be paid (the Premium Content zone), and in my opinion this is not the right way: I can find lot of tutorials for free out there...

Is can be a sensation, but it seems to me that the old UDzone WAS a community, where everyone shared for free his skills about Ultradev, and the new DMXzone IS a little bit less than a E-commerce site...

Regards

Edited by - ivanhalen on 17 May 2003 00:54:59

Reply to this topic